1/72 - Lockheed A-12 Oxcart & SR-71 Blackbird by Modelcollect - A-12 box art

Homebee

Modelcollect is to release a 1/72nd Lockheed A-12 Oxcart / SR-71 Blackbird family.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Modelcollect/photos/a.153755038112938/1136440403177725

Box art - ref. UA72??? - Lockheed A-12 Oxcart

43694595.jpg

Any link with the Kiwi Models project ?

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235026630-172-lockheed-a-12-project-oxcart-by-kiwi-models-box-art/

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

WOW!!! Unexpected, but very much appreciated! Modelcollect seems to be on a large aircraft kick lately. With the B-52 family, the B-2, the upcoming B-1B, and now this. I only hope they come out with a 1/72 KC-10 next! I hope that doesn't sound too far fetched.

I hope this one is more accurate than their B-52s. i don't think there is any connection to Kiwi's project. Kiwi already has a resin conversion kit in 1/72, and it's pretty good.

Edited by Space Ranger
Add'l. info

19 hours ago, GRIM REAPER said:

WOW!!! Unexpected, but very much appreciated! Modelcollect seems to be on a large aircraft kick lately. With the B-52 family, the B-2, the upcoming B-1B, and now this. I only hope they come out with a 1/72 KC-10 next! I hope that doesn't sound too far fetched.

I too would love to see a 1:72 KC-10. Modelcollect does seem to have conojes to try the project - let's hope they have the financing as well! 

2 minutes ago, Pin said:

... for which, based on their B-2 and B-52 I have my doubts .... 

I thought the B-2 turned out nicely and only the B-52 has the front end messed up. But that was the reason why I said "if" ;-) For their tank kits they have a good reputation.