Oblect 260 - JS-7 Prototype, A real Beast of a Tank

The JS-7 was a 68-tonne monster with a 130mm main gun, no less than eight machine guns (most probably superfluous) and phenomenal armour thickness from all sides. Obviously impractical due to its weight, it was nevertheless well powered for its time (just after WW2). See link for more details:

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/USSR/is-7-object-260

This is the Trumpeter 1/72 scale kit. I scratch-built the cage-like headlight guards, and added after-market two-ropes and made their tensioners. I also drilled out the 40 holes in th3 muzzle-brake, as well those in the tow rope shackles and mg muzzles. Solidly moulded handles were replaced with wire. My build-log is over on Missin Lynx:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/home-front-gb-js-7-t316760.html

I decided this being a prototype was a good excuse to finish it "factory-fresh". I've put it on a quickly-made tank biscuit as I may yet give the same treatment to a JS-4 and possibly a JS-3 and have the three parked and lined up, as if ready to take part in a comparative evaluation. Here are images of the finished model, except it has just dawned on me that I forgot to paint the exhaust outlets (doh!). Something I'll obviously fix.

file.php?id=16424&t=1

file.php?id=16425&t=1

file.php?id=16426&t=1

file.php?id=16427&t=1

file.php?id=16428&t=1

file.php?id=16429&t=1

file.php?id=16430

file.php?id=16431

file.php?id=16432&t=1

file.php?id=16433&t=1

• Like 14

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 9:52 PM, Kiwikitbasher said:

I decided this being a prototype was a good excuse to finish it "factory-fresh". I've put it on a quickly-made tank biscuit

file.php?id=16425&t=1

How have you made your 'tank biscuits' - is that a piece of cork or chipboard by any chance?

Edited by Gav G

9 hours ago, Gav G said:

How have you made your 'tank biscuits' - is that a piece of cork or chipboard by any chance?

Cork tile, very quick and cheap, plus they an be layered and carved using a Dremel, here are some more:

8yWU7NV.jpg&key=786dea7d9ccb306d0d290068

file.php?id=6958%26t=1&key=893901bcc473e

file.php?id=16068%26t=1&key=e0a8deaf0ab4

• Like 2

• 1 month later...