Sponsor's Favourite build.

Good Afternoon, 

Hope you are all well... apologies for taking a while to sort this out - but with silly season just around the corner and a pregnant wife (due in 1 week!), things are pretty hectic for me at Jadlam HQ! 

So first of all I would like to thank you all for entering, I hope you enjoyed yourselves! I have certainly enjoyed having a flick through the build threads to see what you guys can do with an Airfix Starter Set! I really like the format where everybody builds the same kit as it makes people think out of the box and limits entries to mainly new builds.

As for prizes/winners, Its very difficult to choose an actual "winner". So, its merely a case of choosing a favourite. Myself and Will (he's a top office bod at Jadlam) spent about an hour going through all the entries and both shortlisted our favourite 3 models. When comparing lists we had actually both written down 4 (its really hard!), and believe it or not of the 4 we had both chosen 3 the same!! 

So, without further ado our favourite Model is:

Capt. "Chuck" Weaver's P-51D 44-72199 'Passion Wagon' - built by MarkSH. 

I think you'll all agree that he has done a fantastic job and wins a Brand new REVELL 1:48 Bristol Beaufighter TF.X 03943! 

FYI the other two entries that made our favourite 3 are that of Beggsy & TorBjorn, with uncle tommy's Yellow racer getting a lot of attention also!   

It doesn't end there however, I would like to offer all entrants a £5 credit for use on our website, which can be spent on your next order. (To claim this please pop an email through to [email protected] with the email address associated to your online account and your forum user name. We'll then stick £5 on your account which will be automatically deducted from your next order.) Also MarkSH, make sure you pop me a message so I can organise your prize. 

I would like to extend my thanks to Enzo Matrix & thepureness for pulling it all together - its much appreciated.

Again, thanks for your entries - What do you want to do next? (as I have said before I am willing to do this as often as you want to do it and will always support with a discount on the kit and a prize to add that competitive edge.)

Have a great day guys... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Crikey, I genuinely wasn't expecting that! I had recently gone through the gallery with a work colleague during our lunch break and similarly to the guys at Jadlam we too picked out the same potential winners as each other!

But, Thanks again to the GB sponsor, the host and co-host and all the other entrants. I have to agree I like the format its really interesting to have the opportunity to see other modeller's take on the same kit not withstanding the use of aftermarket decals, details etc. and I will definitely be signing up to any similar GB proposals.

Thanks again to all.

Cheers, Mark.

• Like 4

Fantastic winning build there @MarkSH, and a fantastic prize for you to build there. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm sure you'll all also agree the £5 credit off Jadlams website for all people that took part is fantastic and I was not expecting.

Be thank you to Russ and the team for being great sponsor's once again and I'll be putting forward a possible simular idea for the GB vote next month, if we get enough interest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations @MarkSH!  Well deserved.  :thumbsup:

And congratulations to all the other participants too.  As they say down here where I'm from, "y'all done good"!   Thanks also to @JadlamRacingModels for their sponsorship.  I had more fun doing this group build than you can possibly imagine.  And it's been a truly fun re-introduction to plastic modeling.

To have even received a mention in the company of these other magnificent entries is more than I could have hoped for.  Thanks so much for that.  It absolutely made my day!  :bounce:

This was fun!  Let's do it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to all the winners and runner-up. Everyones models a winner to me. I truly appreciate the 5£ credit, though being in the states I’m not sure I’ll be able to use it. Like i said before if i can obtain the next chosen kit. I will gladly build in the next dedicated group build. 

Dennis

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@JadlamRacingModels, Hi Russ, thank you for the £5 credit. I used it on Tamiya’s new 1/12 Yamaha R1M kit which arrived safely today. 

Lovely job! I'll let you into a secret of mine - Car and Bike kits are actually my favourite! I'd love one of the GB's to be based on a car kit - make sure you pop me some pics of the R1 when you've finished! [email protected]

Cheers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

Lovely job! I'll let you into a secret of mine - Car and Bike kits are actually my favourite! I'd love one of the GB's to be based on a car kit - make sure you pop me some pics of the R1 when you've finished! [email protected]

Cheers.

Will do Russ, but be warned I’m going slightly off instructions with regard to the painting ( much like my Mustang). I’m thinking Orange instead of blue. 

Yes! A dedicated car GB would be good, if the subject was something that offers plenty of different paint schemes and other options. A well known race car model is not such one; you can probably build it just one way. But something with plenty of factory options, street and race machines made of would be nice, like all sorts of '69 Camaros, that Revell has given us plenty of model variants. How's their availability nowadays? V-P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Yes! A dedicated car GB would be good, if the subject was something that offers plenty of different paint schemes and other options. A well known race car model is not such one; you can probably build it just one way. But something with plenty of factory options, street and race machines made of would be nice, like all sorts of '69 Camaros, that Revell has given us plenty of model variants. How's their availability nowadays? V-P

Yes, we have a pretty good relationship with Revell - so I am sure we could find something. But if anybody else is keen then put your hands up and we'll take a look. 

• Like 1