Swissair Caravelle interior colours?

AMB

I am building the 1/96th scale Lindberg Caravelle with one side of the fuselage having visible interior. I am planning on doing this in Swissair colours, but cannot find

any colour photos of the cabin interior, seats, carpet etc. during the '60s Does anyone know what colour they were?

Thanks    

I've no idea Adrian . I can only find black and white photos . So annoyed , I had  some really good 1960's Swissair Brochures with the fleets layouts cabin shots etc. and statistics and threw it away with other similar stuff. Who knew someone would be interested or ebay would turn up ? 100s of pounds worth . I went  a bunch of pintrest pages dedicated to airliner interiors , the Swiss Caravelles were all B&W but I think you'd lose the will to live going page after page.

I know someone who collects Airline interior postcards I'll ask him. Is there a Caravelle in a Swiss Museum , the one with a CV990  ?

Edited by bzn20

5 minutes ago, Orso said:

Those are great Bjorn, very useful. Carpet grey (very practical!), chairs light blue-grey with pink cushions.

All Caravelles did not have the same colour interior, as I know on SAS, the seats were orange.. Many thanks.

5 minutes ago, Orso said:

I've found this youtube vid of a walk thru the cabin . It's a Finnair SE210 but although the colours are different you might find somethings interesting . Those seats with the Diamond embossed padding must be the standard kit offered . I've just seen a finished Transavia somewhere and seen those rivets , like big snap heads all over the wings like 3/8" bolts .

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bzn20 said:

I've found this youtube vid of a walk thru the cabin . It's a Finnair SE210 but although the colours are different you might find somethings interesting . Those seats with the Diamond embossed padding must be the standard kit offered . I've just seen a finished Transavia somewhere and seen those rivets , like big snap heads all over the wings like 3/8" bolts .

Yes, I've seen this video on You Tube, but it's not a Finnair Caravelle, but former SE-DAI or SAS preserved at Arlanda and given a Finnair cross logo on its tail for some reason. I think it has been refitted with non-standard seating as the airframe was originally with the airport fire service and was not initially going to be saved!

Also seen the article on building the Lindberg Caravelle kit in Transavia colours - and what  a splendid job he made of it!  

Edited by AMB

You are right. SE-DAI was dressed up in Finnair clothes for a movie production: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7345617

This Caravelle is one of the two planes operated by the Swedish Air force so nothing of the original interior would have been left when the Caravelle Club got the plane.

The other plane has also survived at the Air Force Museum, still filled with the electronics in the cabin: https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/tp-85-sud-aviation-caravelle/

As you can se nothing like an airliner interior.

11 hours ago, AMB said:

Also seen the article on building the Lindberg Caravelle kit in Transavia colours - and what  a splendid job he made of it! 

He did a great job , hope you don't think I was knocking his work .

20 hours ago, bzn20 said:

I've no idea Adrian . I can only find black and white photos . So annoyed , I had  some really good 1960's Swissair Brochures with the fleets layouts cabin shots etc. and statistics and threw it away with other similar stuff. Who knew someone would be interested or ebay would turn up ? 100s of pounds worth . 

Tell me about it?   When my Dad used to take me round the airline offices in London collecting postcards in the early '60s, we inevitably got given very nice brochures. I remember Alitalia gave me one on the Caravelle that had a triangular window cut-out on the cover that showed the exterior of the plane, then turn the page and that cut-out window became a view inside the cabin. All the detail was there in colour for this future modeller. Alas, when I joined the RAF, my dear mother decided to have one of her 'clear outs' and they all got thrown out  behind my back!!  When challenged, the answer was " you didn't want all those airline freebees, did you" ..aargh!!

Just bought some additional passengers for my Caravelle as there are only three in the kit!   Preiser make sets of 1/100 scale seated passengers which are perfect.     

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AMB said:

Alitalia gave me one on the Caravelle that had a triangular window cut-out

Saw one of those around March this year along with a DC-8 and DC-9 Brochures  . You don't want to know what it and they  sold for .