Revell HP Victor B1 conversion. Yikes!

Timmas

Looks amazing! Now you need to do this one an Airfix kit 😛 I love seeing early V bombers (Vulcan B1 is my favourite) and wish someone would just make kits of them (thank you mikromir!) but in the one true scale: 1/72.

I don't think I will ever build the Revell kit because I just can't unsee the off nose shape, I'm surprised no one has made a replacement part for it. The Airfix one exists now anyway so might as well do that one.

Also I think you're missing the pitot on the right wing.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your kind comments gents. I've learnt a lot in the process!

Adam-yes I completely agree with you about the early Victor and Vulcan. Their shapes were far more 'pure' if that's the correct term to use. I know about the missing pitot and have since attached a new one. 😀

• Like 1

It seems I jointed for forum some time between your second to last post, and your final completed post so this is my first comment on this build. I'm really impressed with the finished product and everything you did to get there.  Its a big, beautiful model and I think you should be proud of it!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paulaero said:

That looks excellent given what you started with , just need a Valiant now 

Thank you! 😀 A Valiant is on my wishlist but I'm not paying silly money to buy one (I missed a reasonably priced one on a certain auction site earlier in the year). I'm hoping Airfix will re-issue their's soon. I want to have two sets of V Bombers; one in anti flash whilte and the other in early camo pattern. I have two more Airfix Victors in the stash and I have one of their Vulcans in anti flash white and am planning to do another.

37 minutes ago, mdauben said:

It seems I jointed for forum some time between your second to last post, and your final completed post so this is my first comment on this build. I'm really impressed with the finished product and everything you did to get there.  Its a big, beautiful model and I think you should be proud of it!  

That's kind of you...many thanks. It pushed me to the limits of my abilities and I'm glad it's over tbh!!

44 minutes ago, cherry268 said:

That is a lovely model, I have a couple of Matchbox Victors which will probably never get built as B2 or K2's so this could be an inspiration for me to build a B1

Good luck if / when you do build it! 😀

• Thanks 1

Nice work! I thought I was going crackers for a moment. I was setting October s the date but I couldn’t remember this build at all even though I had commented on it???? 🤪🤪🤪 Then I noticed the year. 🥳🥳🥳 I now have one of these in the stash. Gave me a good excuse to re read. 🤩 Wonderful finish to a long old build.

bravo sir. 

Johnny. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Back in the Saddle said:

I’m building this too, but without the conversion kit. The original kit intakes are horrendous - resin would be a huge improvement. Hoping to get my own WIP up soon - might steal some of your solutions! 🙂

Can't wait to see that. Will it be based on the Revell or Airfix kit?

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1

On 21/10/2019 at 17:01, Timmas said:

Thank you! 😀 A Valiant is on my wishlist but I'm not paying silly money to buy one (I missed a reasonably priced one on a certain auction site earlier in the year). I'm hoping Airfix will re-issue their's soon. I want to have two sets of V Bombers; one in anti flash whilte and the other in early camo pattern. I have two more Airfix Victors in the stash and I have one of their Vulcans in anti flash white and am planning to do another.

I think they'll reissue it with a new Vulcan kit... Might be next year I thinks, they did say there is a big announcement coming so who knows. If they do I hope it's comparable to the original price...

What schemes would you like to see included? There are a number of unused options in the kit that could be taken advantage of...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Unfortunately the Revell kit. I bought it literally a month before the Airfix kit was announced...

Just remember to mask off the middle canopy panel! So many don't on that kit... Will you be correcting any of the inaccuracies or leaving it as is?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Nice work! I thought I was going crackers for a moment. I was setting October s the date but I couldn’t remember this build at all even though I had commented on it???? 🤪🤪🤪 Then I noticed the year. 🥳🥳🥳 I now have one of these in the stash. Gave me a good excuse to re read. 🤩 Wonderful finish to a long old build.

bravo sir. 

Johnny. 

Thanks Johnny. No you weren't going crackers...it's take ages to complete (although I did take a break for a while). I'd love to see your's when you get around to building it. 😀

• Like 1