Jaguar GR.1A, XZ117/E, 41 Sqn, RAF Coltishall, Sept 1987

IMG40431539170184.jpg

IMG40451539170183.jpg

IMG40441539170184.jpg

IMG40471539170184.jpg

IMG40481539170183.jpg

IMG40461539170180.jpg

IMG40501539170182.jpg

This was a fabulous kit to make, all the parts fitted really well and with good instructions, as well as a nice array of stores. My first 1/48 kit. I think I left the wing strakes a bit too long, and I haven't got the skill to fashion the three tiny canopy mirrors, plus she's a bit too satin not matt, but I hope she captures the essence of a Jag from the days when it was so much fun to hang out at the end of Coltishall's runway, or see them screaming low over Norfolk! All comments welcome ...

• Like 30

That's turned out brilliantly. Nice work LR. The paint job looks just right and it's persuaded me to start over on mine and try to get it looking more like yours.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

plus she's a bit too satin not matt

Fwiw, I think she looks about right, its possible to be too matt on these fast jets imho & I think a bit satin is more convincing. Either way, that has come up a treat, nice building. 👍

Steve.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Fwiw, I think she looks about right, its possible to be too matt on these fast jets imho & I think a bit satin is more convincing. Either way, that has come up a treat, nice building. 👍

Steve.

Thanks Steve. Sometimes it's hard to tell from photos isn't it, some Jags do look a bit satin while in other pics they look like they've faded out in the sun too long! 

2 hours ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Loving this build!!

Even your cammo lines look spot on too!

Very tempted to get one of these for the stash too :)

Thanks Mikey - I'd definitely recommend one, it's a nice build, nothing too fiddly but then better modellers than me could probably have enough scope to add bits if they wanted, it all fits together nicely. 

• Like 1

Great finish, I'm working on one at the moment but the Camo went wrong thanks to Maskol (One Day I'll learn) so gone down the desert storm route

I have a couple more In the stash and a grey/green wrap is definitely on the cards, want to do an arctic trio of jag, tornado and Harrier

Good looking Jag though

Darren

• Like 1

Thanks Gazza; no the cockpit is just what came with the kit, I only added some seat belts from masking tape. Oh and a bit of bent plastic so I could have the canopy open. The kit decals for the cockpit were pretty good.