Hi all here is my recently finished 1:32 Supermarine Spitfire PRXI.

The Tamiya Spitfire MKIX kit (60319) converted using Alley Cats PRXI conversion (AC32023C).

Aircraft finished as MB948 “Oh johnie” based at mount farm Oxfordshire 1944/45

I added extra detail in the cockpit ie wiring and plumbing.

Tamiya paints used XF-1 XF-16 XF-18 XF-71 XF-85 X-2 X-23 X-25 X-27 among others 

with Florys dark dirt wash and Humbrols weathering powders.

Pledge floor care 

Windsor and Newton  Matt  varnish to finish 

Thanks for looking and Enjoy 

1:32 Supermarine Spitfire PRXI1:32 Supermarine Spitfire PRXI1:32 Supermarine Spitfire PRXI1:32 Supermarine Spitfire PRXI1:32 Supermarine Spitfire PRXI1:32 Supermarine Spitfire PRXI1:32 Supermarine Spitfire PRXI

Edited by Spitfire madman
  • Like 51
  • Thanks 1

Lovely Keith, I’ve seen the build across the months and it looks spot on, exactly like the reference photo’s he has been using.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wonderful job,..... I was hoping that a 1/32nd conversion for the Revell Mk.IX kit might come out some time as I fancy one of these myself,....... your model really does look the dogs danglies,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TBC said:

That looks great. How was the fit of the resin bits as I’ve heard some rather unflattering comments about the chin piece in particular?

i

The fit of the resin gun bay blanking plates was very poor had to do a lot of trimming and sanding to the resin parts. The under chin cowling wasn’t too bad only a little sanding was needed for it to fit. It was a challenge overall but I thoroughly enjoyed this build from start to finish!