Airfix 1/72 Tomahawk

The first finish of my Airfix Therapy Build thread and my tenth this year!. WIP is here

. Paints are Mr colour/levelling thinner. Markings were masked and sprayed (with varying degrees of success) except for the shark mouth, eyes and serial. Went for something different in the photos: the John Dibbs  look as I like to call it, cropped in, close and personal. Moments of silliness- microscopic ring and bead sight and those cute little position lights done with acrylic resin. Showtime!

top1.jpg

stbd1%20.JPG

port1.jpg

dibbs2%20.JPG

dibbs1.jpg

pit1.jpg

pit2.JPG

exhaust%20.JPG

light1.JPG

light2.JPG

dibbs4%20.JPG

Adios muchachos, the stash calls to me and I'm a goin'  fer 15 builds finished this year , even if they're a bit rough around the edges like this one!

Cheers and thanks for lookin' in 

Anil

• Like 47

2 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very neat Tomahawk!

But… Ghost Flyer In the Sky?

Looks a bit ownerless without a pilot, doesn't it?

Nice work though!

Kind regards,

Joachim

You paint me a 1/72 pilot Joachim and I'll cheerfully shove him /her/unspecified into the cockpit 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Hairtrigger said:

That is really spot on...  Love it and the in flight display really works, but a pilot in it would tip the scales.  I see though where your going displaying the interior and all that hard work.

When someone makes decent pre-painted pilots I might try one, in a small 1/72 model they just look toy like maybe thats why the expensive die-casts have empty pits as well. To quote a long departed modeler* "Build what you want, how you want" I certainly do...

* Al Superczynski

Just great

Nice scheme and finish

I'm thinking about some flight posed models on stands and I like the way yours is done

I'm a bit lazy though too.......saves me doing wheels, and landing gear and interior details and and and lol!

Love the deset camo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winenut said:

Just great

Nice scheme and finish

I'm thinking about some flight posed models on stands and I like the way yours is done

I'm a bit lazy though too.......saves me doing wheels, and landing gear and interior details and and and lol!

Love the deset camo

Agreed, life's too short to mask wheels, make over-scale brake lines etc, plus they look way more interesting than wheels  down, pits open etc. , thanks for the kudos! 

PS I'm particularly fond of any prop planes that completely retract tail wheels behind nice closed doors like this 'un...

• Like 1