May I introduce myself

Steff84

Hi everybody from Switzerland

My name is Stefan, I'm 33 years old and was a lurker for some time here 😉

I'm more of a Figure / Custom builder and painter, I hope you don't mind. That's the main reason I didn't register sooner, since my constribution is limited.
Also I'm not very active at the moment, since I don't find the time to bring my ideas to live. I guess you are familiar with this situation.

As I mentioned, I like customizing stuff and that's what me brought into Kit building. Most of the time I like an Idea or design but I always want to take it a little bit further. Here is my story:

My lifelong dream was to have a 1:1 scale Gremlin from gremlin 2 and around 10 years ago I stumbled over those thailand model kits you all know for sure. I didn't know anything about model kits but couldn't belive my "luck" so I ordered 2 kits, only to find out that those were recasts.
I looked for the real deal, the Kaiyodo kits and found one for 2500$. Too much for me, so I passed. But I was pretty bummed out that I got the fake kits, so I finished the first wich I already started and put him away.

This year I found the second kit per accident in the basement and I thought well, what if I modify this kit to my liking and if everything turns out good, I might buy the real deal anyway. And that's what I did. 
I never liked those lifeless kits, standing with open arms like a puppet so I changed and remodelet a lot. Turning glass eyes, removable fingers and spines and so on.
And the second step, getting the real deal, is now in the making aswell :)

I took pictures and recorded around 600GB of footage of the whole process in case anybody would be interested in how, what and why I did this 😉

Here is a quick sneak peek of the Gremlin. I understand if you would rather not have this project displayed in your forum because it's based on a recast. But if you don't mind, I'd be happy to share all details with you.

sneak_peek.jpg

Stefan

• Like 5

Hello Stefan ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from the USA. Im happy you decided to stop lurking. Don't worry about contributions. Some members contribute in conversation only, others in supplying information. Every member is valued because they are a member, not on how much or what they build. I like your gremlin by the way. I look forward to talking to you and/or seeing more of your work. 

Dennis

:welcome: from me across the border in France. But with skills like that you will not need much advice from us here! The painting of your Gremlin is pure art!

Thanks all for the warm welcoming :) 

@Mark, thank you for your nice words but For me, advice and criticism is always needed. I don't see a way to really grow without it. self critic is a part of it but I appreciate other opinions and ideas. :)

Stefan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and :welcome:, Stefan to Britmodeller, it is a great place to be. Your Gremlin looks fantastic! I am Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. I look forward to more of your builds.

Joe