Grumman Martlet MK 4 Airfix 1/72 pick me up.

Thanks for the kind words @Courageous, @Bugle07, @bigbadbadge, @J Sherratt, .

As a kit goes, she is not bad, enough detail but sadly a lot of it cannot be seen, but hey ho, that`s our hobby for you.

Update.

Managed to mask up this morning (the plane that is) and lay down some primer.

P GM 1

And the underside too.

P GM 2

A seam along the rear there to sort out but happy.

I am going to be busy for the next couple of days but will endeavour to post updates.

All comments welcome.

Simon.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

A seam along the rear there to sort out but happy.

Nothing dramatic, I'd say. You'll have that sorted in no time.

Looking very smooth in her primer coat :clap: 

Ciao

• Like 1

Thanks @bbudde, @giemme, and @Cookenbacher, for the kind comments.

Once I have primed her, I give her a rub down with some Micro Mesh 3200 just to smooth the finish.

I have been busy this afternoon doing odd jobs around the flat but did manage to mask up for the upper surfaces.

Alas though, I ran out of time to spray, so hopefully tomorrow.

Have a great evening peeps.

Simon.

• Like 4

Thanks  @Bugle07, It`s Tamiya XF 21 sir.

Update.

EDSG sprayed over after a bit of loss of masking MOJO .

EDSG 1

EDSG 2

Plus the canopy.

EDSG 3

Leave that to dry for a while before more masking for the Dark Slate Grey next.

Have a happy time peeps.

All comments welcome.

Simon.

• Like 9

Thanks @giemme, @Cookenbacher, @CedB, @Bugle07, and @The Baron, for your kind comments, it is very much appreciated indeed.

Update.

After it seems an eternity ( I lost the masking MOJO) I finally laid down the Dark Slate Grey.

DSG 1

DSG 2

DSG 3

DSG 4

DSG 5

It may not be FAA scheme but it was this or toss the thing out of the window, my mojo was that bad.

Some touch ups here and there but I am reasonably happy with the finish, so far.

Off to lie down for now, and let that dry over night before any remedial paint work / gloss varnish.

All comments welcome.

Simon.

• Like 8

Looking Righteous, Simon. Sad to see you're using Tamiya after all that money Paul @Waterlooville spent on getting a full rack of Mr Hobby in! BTW I've gone over to Stynylres as my primer and it lays down the smoothest primer coat ever, way better that the rather grainy Alclad and no micormeshing of it or the topcoats required.. I have some sample bottles I got gratis when I bought my Sotar 20/20 so if you want to give it go, Ill bring some down to Southsea in few weeks on my monthly, ex's Siamese  snogging trip and we can discuss the impending demise  of the MicroMesh company over a wee pint @ the Jolly Sailor ( did ye know Paul use to work there in another universe far, far away and long, long time ago?!)

Cheers

Anil

• Like 1

13 hours ago, azureglo said:

Looking Righteous, Simon. Sad to see you're using Tamiya after all that money Paul @Waterlooville spent on getting a full rack of Mr Hobby in! BTW I've gone over to Stynylres as my primer and it lays down the smoothest primer coat ever, way better that the rather grainy Alclad and no micormeshing of it or the topcoats required.. I have some sample bottles I got gratis when I bought my Sotar 20/20 so if you want to give it go, Ill bring some down to Southsea in few weeks on my monthly, ex's Siamese  snogging trip and we can discuss the impending demise  of the MicroMesh company over a wee pint @ the Jolly Sailor ( did ye know Paul use to work there in another universe far, far away and long, long time ago?!)

Cheers

Anil

Yes Anil, I am using Tamiya paints? Well, in actual fact the top camo was done with Mr Hobby Aqueous Acrylics!!!!!!

As for Alcad Primer, I have no problem with it so far.

I am sorry that I will not be able to meet up for a drink, as I suffer a heart problem at the moment and am awaiting a procedure at QA Hospital, but thanks for the offer.

May catch up at Paul`s though.

BTW The Jolly Sailor was my local back home (Petersfield.) 

Simon.

• Like 1

Thanks @bbudde, @giemme, @CedB, @Bugle07 and @azureglo. For the kind comments.

Update.

Touch ups done

TU 1

Nav light sorry for he blurred pic. (Other side done as well.)

TU 2

Undersides.

TU 3

And tail wheel.

TU 4

The good lady wife`s birthday tomorrow so I doubt if anything will get done.

But next up will be gloss varnish and decals.

All comments welcome.

Simon.

• Like 6