Little link to members profile.

I've noticed recently that members are using a little link in their posts when referring to other members. I can best describe this as the members 'name' appearing in a black box (or sausage). When I place my cursor over this, it automatically opens a small window with that members profile in. Clicking on it leads to the full profile page. I think that using this 'box' also alerts the member to the fact that he has been mentioned.

My simple request is, could someone please explain how I could do this in my own posts. It would be useful to be able to do this.

Sorry for my rather non technical description, hope someone can understand what I'm on about.

Cheers.

Simple @Smudge

Before you type in the members name, just place the @ key in front.

So if you wanted to shout me out you would type the '@' key then Rabbit Leader. Once the @ key is pressed you should see a small 'thinking' box that searches for the members name. Once you find the correct match, just click it to insert.

Hope this helps.. Dave  

• Like 1

hmmmm all well and good. I've used it myself, but now whenever I use that function it locks the post and doesn't allow further typing, or editing. So, If I post my own 'name' now, I will be unable to add more to this post.... here goes.. . @Badder

Yep, locked. Unable to type or edit previous post once I've typed '@member's name'

Ah, that was weird! I typed the first 2 lines and was unable to add more. I then typed a new post expecting it to appear in a new 'comment' and it actually appeard here!

Edited by Badder