Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

16 hours ago, RichG said:

The latest Airfix Workbench blog (published 12/10/2018) stated:

" ...you might want to make your way to the Airfix stand, as we will be unveiling a BIG new tooling announcement at that time."  You could speculate if "tooling" means "kit"...🤔  but I think that would be a reasonable assumption!🙂

Maybe it just means that they've dusted off all their old tooling and will be re-popping the "iconic" kits from yesteryear (even more than they already do)...

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the Saunders-Roe Lerwick!

With Chaz and Dave singing Rabbit, rabbit in your ears

Try Gannet, Gannet, Gannet.

Catchy isn't it.   Airfix have more gannet than Eduard. 

Could come to something...… A Christmas number 1 ????

Dick

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

Predictions:

Some people will say “Fantastic’

Some people will say “wrong scale”

some people will say “Why do that when they could do this,,.,,”

Could add - Some people will say "There is a 'fatal flaw'" in what will at best be a CAD impression or 3D printed mock-up

Hold the front page! I have a scoop!

My Auntie Ethel has just told me, that a little bird told her that he had spoken to a nutter on the top deck of the No 8 bus to Margate who claims to be employed as a Ninja by Airfix.

Apparently it's going to be a 1/24 Kawanishi H8K / Blohm and Voss Bv-222 / Short Sunderland Dogfight Triple set.

You heard it here first!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, AWFK10 said:

…., the BE2c (excellent choice, I've bought 5, including one just for parts to use in an eventual build of their 60 year-old 1/72 RE8)…. 

@AWFK10  O/T but please keep us informed as to how that goes.  I had the same idea but, after examining the reference material, have put it in the Too Difficult pile for now.

6 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

If I recall, their only other "recent" WW1 kit was the 1975 Sopwith Pup. Still a very nice little kit . Not a big WW1 fan I have to admit but, I do dabble occasionally.

Fokker E.II/E.III Eindecker (A01086)

Royal Aircraft Factory BE2c (A02101)

both released in 2016

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Truro Model Builder said:

There is some wonderful stuff at Wroughton. Sadly the Science Museum has not opened the collection there for a number of years and does not appear to have any plans to do so. 

Isn't one of the flying bedsteads also there? Shame it's not open, I work only five minutes away.

Nick

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

You heard it here first!

Nothing to do with aircraft at all , came to me in a dream that they are relaunching the Airfix Railway System and Airfix Motor Racing in a very cunning plan to rejuvenate Hornby Railways and Scalextric.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seahawk said:

@AWFK10  O/T but please keep us informed as to how that goes.  I had the same idea but, after examining the reference material, have put it in the Too Difficult pile for now.

Will do but you might have to wait a bit. I've got a Novo Baltimore that I bought with a firm plan to build it as a Malta-based aircraft - at a modelling event at the Museum of Army Transport in Beverley, which must have been over 25 years ago..... For some years now, I've been thinking about building it in the markings of 459 Sqn RAAF, which my dad was attached to when it was flying Hudsons.  Actually, a Hudson would be a good subject for a new release; I might even buy it in 1/48.

5 minutes ago, Tony C said:

Cooo, a Gannet (Fairey not Feather type), 1:24 scale, with working wingfold, I’m in:thumbsup:

No. Don’t like Gannets because they wet their nests......

Trevor

ps it’s pigeons that coo, not gannets!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

ps it’s pigeons that coo, not gannets!

Shoot me down for getting my birdsong wrong, why not! :D 

Besides I thought the pidgeons went wooO (not terwhit to, though):wicked:

• Haha 2

On 17/10/2018 at 22:34, janneman36 said:

I classify the 130 as big...or maybe they are going to do BIG pricing..😱

We all think of the Vulcan is being huge.   That's just because it has a large wing area.  Quite a few years ago now, I saw a Vulcan in formation with a Hercules and it surprised me that it is actually smaller than the Herk and actually looked quite fragile in comparison.  

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Radleigh said:

I know one thing, it has 4 engines..... 

I’ll be happy if that means a Halifax Mk III with the option to build it as an A Mk IX. Why else would Airfix produce a Jeep with crash pans if they didn’t mean to issue it as an airdrop load for a Halifax?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

So it's not a Bv 238 then?

That would be wonderful, but somehow I can't see it happening just yet ...

I STILL reckon it's going to be a 1:24 Fairleigh Fruitbat GR.XXVIII!

1 hour ago, Aeronut said:

I’ll be happy if that means a Halifax Mk III with the option to build it as an A Mk IX. Why else would Airfix produce a Jeep with crash pans if they didn’t mean to issue it as an airdrop load for a Halifax?

If it's a Halifax, I'd prefer a Merlin-engined variant. The Revell Halifax III is much better than the earlier B.I/II kit.