Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

You get the pitchfork's Ill grab a burning torch! counting down to the why wasn't it a Spitfire mob storming the building.Seriously I'm not likely

to ever buy one but good on yer Airfix the BIG U.S. market will love it and a few Brit's too with those FAA option's.

• Like 4

Im a mainly served with Britain 1/72 builder who jumps to 1/48th for kits i really want. I really wanted but didnt get a 1/24th Typhoon because i didnt have spare cash at the time, so will i be getting a Hellcat now? You better believe it!

Arabest,

Geoff.

So it looks like I’m going to have to wait another year for my 1/24th TSR2 with full weapons load.

Ah well..... ☹️☹️☹️

Graham 

ps could possibly be tempted with this though.

Anything above 1/72 is not really my thing, but I am aware that a lot of people love them. This should sell well, especially across the pond (as others have said), bringing in more funds for 1/72 tools. Nicely done Airfix! 😁

• Like 2

Well, for a company to survive they have to have a global market. This will sell globally and whilst there will be some jingoistic handwringing that it’s not one of our own, I think it will be a good seller for Airfix. If that means they stay viable and can undertake other projects in time, I’m all for it. 

• Like 7