Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

5 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Saturday morning chores done - Check. 

Kettle on - Check.

Brew made - Check.

Awaiting 11:00 announcement ........

S’pose the three S’s have already been done! 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, roym said:

Your all wrong. Its a 1/12 scale Ford Cortina Mk4. Able to build every version from 1.3 Base up to 2.3 Ghia and all in between..... part of Hornbys new business plan to upscale the best sellers from the Corgi Vanguards range. I know this from a vision that appeared to me last night in bed. 

(This vision may or may not have something to do with the fact I was reading a novelty book called My Dad Had One Of Those from Top Gear people before bed. Highly recommended by the way....)

I would buy that! Even better if it was 1/8th. And can we have the Mk III as well?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just think gang, in 15 minutes time we'll all be able to stop specualting on what it should be and start complaining about the fact it wasn't :lol:

• Like 7

13 minutes time I can get back to model making ………………. well some one has to :penguin::smartass:

Dick

Edited by jenko

1 minute ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Bunch of grown men huddling around their computer around the world waiting to find out - unashamedly fantastic - especially as the naysayers havent started yet.... will there be the same buzz tomorrow at WNW?   T minus 14....!

TT

..may I opt out of the grown up group please? 😃

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, roym said:

Your all wrong. Its a 1/12 scale Ford Cortina Mk4. Able to build every version from 1.3 Base up to 2.3 Ghia and all in between..... part of Hornbys new business plan to upscale the best sellers from the Corgi Vanguards range. I know this from a vision that appeared to me last night in bed. 

(This vision may or may not have something to do with the fact I was reading a novelty book called My Dad Had One Of Those from Top Gear people before bed. Highly recommended by the way....)

I learnt to drive in a Cortina Mk4! I might buy that. My dad's 1.3 litre. 0-60.....eventually. With a good wind behind you. 

Mind you I wouldn't mind building the Mk3 he had earlier. 2.0 Ghia in Yellow with a Black vinyl roof. I'll get one when I win the lottery.

Hoping for a 1/72 Vulcan. Don't think I'd buy anything else too big. Unless they did a 1/72 Boeing P-8. But I doubt that'll see the light of day until the RAF get some.

Stuart

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

I would buy that! Even better if it was 1/8th. And can we have the Mk III as well?

Yes please. As per the real car modular tooling would make all the versions. One sprue option for engines (Kent, Pinto, Cologne), one for the body (2/4door/estate/mk3/4/5), one for Wheels, one for interior, common chassis. Banker..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stuart Wilson said:

Mind you I wouldn't mind building the Mk3 he had earlier. 2.0 Ghia in Yellow with a Black vinyl roof. I'll get one when I win the lottery.

This was my Mk III a few years back...

38120155244_22e44c985e_k.jpgFamily 006

• Like 8