Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

10 hours ago, Smithy said:

Oh and I'd also like to win the lottery and for Catherine Zeta-Jones to ring me up and say she's had enough of that Douglas bloke and would I mind taking her out for a spot of dinner too. The last one might rub the missus up the wrong way but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

Jump off it, more like...  :D 

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Col. said:

I wonder what Eduard will do with all their 48th scale Tempest kits when Airfix announce the 24th scale one? :hmmm: :lol: 

Chalk and cheese, I would have thought.    I'm very likely to buy multiple 1/48 ones, but only one in 1/24.

and let's hope the 1/24 Tempset is a Mk. II... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neil Lambess said:

OMG ! YESSSSSS WONDER WOMANS INVISIBLE PLANE !!!!!!! WOOOOOO HOO OOOOOO !

Not helpful !

the suspense is amazing i can hear it from here

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

So what flipping time is this scheduled for, its getting on for my high nighs time out here. :D

Steve.

Looks like you and I will be reading the news around either 10am or midday:

As a result of our show attendance, we would like to inform Workbench readers that the next edition of our blog will not be published on Friday 9th of November in line with our usual scheduling, but will be delayed until 11am the following day, to coincide with events taking place at the Scale Modelworld show. Without wanting to say too much, this could be a result of wanting to support a new Airfix tooling announcement which may or may not be taking place at 11am on Saturday 10th November, but whatever happens, you can be assured that we will be bringing you all the latest information in a special Telford edition of Workbench – we are so excited that we can hardly wait.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Truro Model Builder said:

Chained to a block of concrete as well.

Steady on! The old girl's a bit tough sometimes but never unduly vindictive. She might give me a boot up the backside for taking a Welsh beauty out for a slap up meal somewhere but never the concrete block. That would be reserved for exceptionally heinous crimes like forgetting to take the rubbish out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Less than 1 hour 50 mins. You can feel the excitement. 

Sorry that's indigestion. Must get a new cook. :devil:

Dick

Look out of his window at the Hornby factory …….. talk about coals to Newcastle :bleh:

I'll say it again, Vulcan

It won't be a 1/24 Mosquito B.IV as that would be a revised tooling with additional parts. This is a brand new tooling.

Commercial sales wise Airfix need a quite hit on the market with big sales, Trumpeter frightened them when they put that Vulcan image on social media to react quickly hence I can't see anything else but a Vulcan. 

The only other possibility is a Buccaneer in 1/48 but that is a big display case

Your all wrong. Its a 1/12 scale Ford Cortina Mk4. Able to build every version from 1.3 Base up to 2.3 Ghia and all in between..... part of Hornbys new business plan to upscale the best sellers from the Corgi Vanguards range. I know this from a vision that appeared to me last night in bed. 

(This vision may or may not have something to do with the fact I was reading a novelty book called My Dad Had One Of Those from Top Gear people before bed. Highly recommended by the way....)

Edited by roym
  • Like 1