Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

From Today's Workbench

It is almost that time of year when modellers head for Telford’s International Centre in their droves, excited to be taking their place at the latest Scale Modelworld show, the world’s greatest fine scale model show. With visitor numbers increasing year on year, the show highlights the current healthy state of the hobby and is an opportunity for modellers not only to spend some quality time with like-minded enthusiasts, but also to gain a little modelling inspiration and check out all the latest industry developments. Our own plans have been in place for quite some time and the Airfix team are looking forward to meeting many of you over the show weekend.

As a result of our show attendance, we would like to inform Workbench readers that the next edition of our blog will not be published on Friday 9th of November in line with our usual scheduling, but will be delayed until 11am the following day, to coincide with events taking place at the Scale Modelworld show. Without wanting to say too much, this could be a result of wanting to support a new Airfix tooling announcement which may or may not be taking place at 11am on Saturday 10th November, but whatever happens, you can be assured that we will be bringing you all the latest information in a special Telford edition of Workbench – we are so excited that we can hardly wait. If you will be at the show by 11am on Saturday 10th November, you need to head for the Airfix stand just in case and for everyone else, the Airfix website, or one of our social media channels is the place to be. Not long to wait now …. this is even more exciting than waiting for Christmas.

I think they are just having fun here and its a result of this Topic

No doubt the negative modellers will find plenty to moan about over this😨

• Like 2

It's on the IPMS Program, has been

21 minutes ago, trickydicky210 said:

From Today's Workbench

I

I think they are just having fun here and its a result of this Topic

No doubt the negative modellers will find plenty to moan about over this😨

This thread was born out of an item on the IPMS Programme for Telford stating that Airfix would be making an announcement at 11am on the Saturday

20 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't be a new 1/72 G.91Y. It's Italian, it's cool and it's big in its smallness. Silly sales on the horizon - Go Airfix!

Jay

It also won the NATO small fighter competition inspired by the Gant.

• Like 2

Vulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcan🤪

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, At Sea said:

Vulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcanvulcan🤪

Sorry to dissapoint you it's going to be a Hercules or Hercumore🤣 

I am more than happy to bett on it.....

21 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't be a new 1/72 G.91Y. It's Italian, it's cool and it's big in its smallness. Silly sales on the horizon - Go Airfix!

Jay

Even if Airfix were to tool it, I can't see it being the BIG Announcement, the subject of this Thread

1 hour ago, At Sea said:

Stop beating about the bush, just tell use what you want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, At Sea said:

As logical as this sounds - looking at the price that Airfix asks and that used kits fetch of their old tool Vulcan, I cannot see them spend money on new tooling for this. So please everybody: Stop buying the Vulcan (If you really need one you can buy mine).

So long I hope for the 1:48 twin engine bomber from HP with two stabilizers.

• Like 1

On 24/10/2018 at 03:18, Greg B said:

My sensible head would like:

1:72 C-130 (stretched H/J)

1:48 Lancaster

1:48 Sea King (with interior)

1:48 Puma

1:48 Wasp/Scout

1:48 Jaguar (new tool)

1:48 Buccaneer (new tool)

I would really like a 1:24 Lightning or Hawk

1/48 Wasp will come from S&M along with a 1/35 Scout 

1/48 Puma would be nice.

OOOOh I said it was 'like Christmas' perhaps The Man At Airfix has been watching this thread - I shall give  him the codeword 'ACE' to put in the 10th November Press Release - if he (or she) read this thread and uses that codeword then we know THEY ARE WATCHING Mwah Ha Ha! 

Now go back to CAD'ing a 1/72 Percival Prentice red-shirted Airfixers! 

TT

If it the announcement was going to be on the Sunday it would be the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month exactly 100 years later in which case my bet would have been a 1/24th scale Camel.  However it isn't so it wasn't.

Edited by Meatbox8
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AMB said:

2019 will be the 50th Anniversary of the hovercraft. How about a 1/72 SRN-5 with Royal Navy decals and boxed with the SRN-1 reissued?  

Gosh, this post does bear a remarkable resemblance to pose #389!  Are you being subliminal, here AMB trying to get ;your message across?  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Sorry to dissapoint you it's going to be a Hercules or Hercumore🤣 

I am more than happy to bet on it.....

I'm MORE than happy to take your money..........ooops, sorry,

I mean your bet!

3 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

1/48 Vulcan? 

That’d be a BIG kit!

It's NOT a 1/48 Vulcan...........its a piece of furniture, just tell the other half you came home via IKEA :whistle:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

It's NOT a 1/48 Vulcan...........its a piece of furniture, just tell the other half you came home via IKEA :whistle:

The give away will be the instructions make sense, it goes together better and will not fall apart after 6 months. :bleh:

Dick

It'll be a Gannet.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jenko said:

The give away will be the instructions make sense, it goes together better and will not fall apart after 6 months. :bleh:

You LIGHTWEIGHT! You USE instructions?

Anyway, you must be thinking of MFI :evil_laugh:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 593jones said:

Gosh, this post does bear a remarkable resemblance to pose #389!  Are you being subliminal, here AMB trying to get ;your message across?  :)

If Airfix are reading this thread, they may take into account the number of requests for specific subjects. 🤔  

• Like 1

Sorry to upset everyone but I know what the big announcement is.....Airfix have found the old moulds for their plastic combs and are giving up making kits!

• Haha 3