Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

Ok, for my tuppenceworth,

I am really hoping for a 1/24 Me262.

what a dogfight double that would be, with the Mossie!

Just please Mr. airfix, no more Spitfires.

Edited by mps02
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, mps02 said:

Or with the same scale Mustang!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

This thread is now running into 16 pages of almost certain disappointment… :whistle:

In this case we can all have fun during the journey regardless of how many will be disappointed by the destination.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Col. said:

In this case we can all have fun during the journey regardless of how many will be disappointed by the destination.

The sort of thing my father would say menacingly before packing us all into the minivan as children.

• Haha 11

Airfix stay away from 1.32 and rightly so, others have this. I am hoping for a 1/24 kit myself. Top of the list would be a Gladiator.  If they want to do another big twin then a Meteor F.8, but I cant in reality see that.

Julien

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I think it's not likely. If Airfix had tooled up the bomber parts when they did the FB, the kit would have been released by now. Just look at how closely the car-door Typhoon followed on from the original issue. The problem is that the Mosquito was designed using a different CAD system than the one Airfix uses now and Airfix has said they aren't going to upgrade these older kits, or the legacy tooling, with new tooled parts anymore.

No but thet could bring us a new tooled Mosquito ;)

Edited by Tbolt

4 hours ago, mps02 said:

Please Mr.Aifix lots more Spitfire  ( and Seafires ) as there's plenty more versions to go ;) But after a 1:72 Beaufort.

10 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I'd guess that most of the Airfix target audience has no idea what a Wingnut Wings is ....

The price of a 1/24 Camel would be in a similar bracket of a WNW if not higher, so the target would be similar I think.

12 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

but imho I would only call big a

As has been mentioned before, a 'big' announcement isn't necessarily a big model, it could just as easily be 'big' as in importance or significance.

We are also talking about marketing blurb, so 'big' could very well turn out to be  :sleep_1:

• Like 1

I dreamt the other night of the following  being delivered in big boxes to my front door and unloaded by forklifts driven by well proportioned blonde 'ladies' in white coveralls with huge AIRFIX logo's on them

1/48 Avro Vulcan, 
1/48 Supermarine Swift
1/48 Supermarine Scimitar
1/48 Blackburn Blackburn
1/48 Blackburn Baffin/Ripon
1/48 new tool multi kit Blackburn Buccaneer S.1 and S.2

Space 1999 Swift in 1/48 as well please

Then i woke up bugger it gee whiz it was a really good dream

Cheers All !!!!

I want a Baffin and i want one NOW!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

No worries PhoenixII just send me your address but i warn you after taking them you will no longer treat these or similar threads on the net seriously !

Cheers

12 hours ago, mps02 said:

Just as long as I get my 1/24 replacement Spitfire Mk Ia and new Mk XIV, then they can do whatever they want. Might as well replace the old 109E while they're at it. 😊

It's taking me ages to kick the old kits into shape!