Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

2 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Avro Lincoln? (don't know if this has been 'guessed' previously - I'm not going to read through 14 pages of silliness!!)

I do hope your right, however with a recent resin Conversion set only released a few years ago, I’d say that a Lincoln (or MR.1 Neptune) are probably not on Airfix’s drawing board. There must be some type of agreement between the mainstream manufacturers and the AM industry to ensure they’re not blown out of the water, so for this reason I’d say a Lincoln is still a long way off. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:27 PM, Ratch said:

Fokker E.II/E.III Eindecker (A01086)

Royal Aircraft Factory BE2c (A02101)

both released in 2016

I am well aware of those kits. In fact, the response I made (and to which you replied) was to a comment referring to those very same kits. I believe therefore that my comment about the only OTHER "recent" WWI kit being the 1975 Sopwith Pup was entirely correct.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

I can 1/48 Lancaster or Boeing or Liberator please... simple "quarterscale Viermotirige"... all kits of heavies in this scale are vintage and in 1/32 are expensive and big ( i bought in future an WnW Lancaster standard Bomber only...)but quarter scale is ok... Lincoln atd are too british for Britons only... C-46 "commando" vere be better.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlCZ said:

I can 1/48 Lancaster or Boeing or Liberator please... simple "quarterscale Viermotirige"... all kits of heavies in this scale are vintage and in 1/32 are expensive and big ( i bought in future an WnW Lancaster standard Bomber only...)but quarter scale is ok... Lincoln atd are too british for Britons only... C-46 "commando" vere be better.  

A C46 Curtiss Commando.... yes that would be big in 1/48 .....

• Like 1

Relative size of aircraft was mentioned earlier.

Have you ever seen the model of a KC-10 refuelling a B-52?? The difference is almost beyond belief.

Concord has 4 engines....Just saying.

Wouldn't be stupid size in 1/48th and the expensive HpH (?) kit seems to have sold well enough.

Finally IMHO it IS the most beautiful aircraft ever...by a mile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Radpoe Spitfire said:

Next year is the 75th anniversary of the Meteor entering service with 616 sqn🤔............. ....mmmmm 24th........Mk1.................🤔

OK - I'm just saying😁

An F.8 would make more sense - more built, more users, more possibility for conversion to other varieties; all adds up to more potential for sales. And a 1:24 F.8 in Meteorites markings would look the dog's ...

I'll play along.

Want:

1/72 Vulcan

1/72 Lincoln

1/48 Westland Seaking

1/48 RN Merlin

1/48 Chipmunk

1/48 Scimitar

1/48 Gannet

1/48 Tempest

Bonkers ideas which I would buy:

1/24 Lightning

1/24 Spitifre XIX

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

This is now an annual pastime, isn't it.

Guess the Big Airfix Telford Announcement.

Indeed. I look on it as an amusing distraction for when I'm especially bored at work...

All good fun. 

• Haha 3

1/24 Sunderland? Pretty please?

I reckon that a 1/24 Lightning / Meteor / Hunter is a very realistic proposition. 

For those wanting a new Sunderland / Halifax / Stirling in 1/72 there is one BIG problem. The market is / has been already flooded with the Revell / Italeri kits that the general public currently show so little interest in that they just sit on shelves and get discounted. In other words a new kit of either those three would pretty much only sell to the diehard modeller base as everyone else who bothers to want a discounted one already has one. I’m afraid to say it’s the same case with the Vulcan, especially now 558 has stopped flying. 

I hope i’m wrong though (but not about the 1/24 jets) 

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908
Few small changes

34 minutes ago, Truro Model Builder said:

What about a 1/24 Hawk? A Red Arrows boxing with paints etc would earn the money back before you even had to think about other boxings.

......followed by a Gnat and a JP,  Strikemaster.........:whistle:

Leave me be, it's nice here in laa laa land............

anyway, they'd all fit on one shelf :wicked:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2