Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

10 hours ago, fightersweep said:

I have the same problem with the Chicken kits in Morrisons. They always seem to be missing the head, feathers and feet. I think there must be a quality control issue somewhere. 

I think they're a joint venture with KFC so you might find the missing bits there :D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ratch said:

Following the myriad of suggestions/wishes/fantasies there will be an awful lot of disappointed folks hereabouts

Aww, and what is it your hoping for Ratch........:whistle:

37 minutes ago, SeaVenom said:

I'm amazed Airfix hasn't done a Vampire yet.   We need a new one in 1/48.

They were hinting strongly a while back about the Vampire T.11 appearing in 1/48th. They fibbed.

However I have the HobbyCraft Vampire from my Obsolete Kit GB to complete so I may take one for the team in KUTA XI

My mate has just pointed out that the RAF was formed to protect aircraft like the R.E.8 from unfriendly Boche attention. There doesn't seem to be much kitwise at present...

11 hours ago, fightersweep said:

I have the same problem with the Chicken kits in Morrisons. They always seem to be missing the head, feathers and feet. I think there must be a quality control issue somewhere. 

Any serious poultry modeller uses a resin head-set and (weighted) feet, and aftermarket feathers.  The Norwegian Blue Rooster- lovely plumage!

• Haha 3

Here is my once-annual post wistfully hoping for one of these in 1/72nd.

<removed a copyright photo of a Westland Wendover, not a comet >

Edited by Mike
Copyright image removal

15 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Airfix seem to be developing a policy of having a type in both 1/72 and 1/48, so my guess would be a 1/48 Fw190 or Gladiator as these seem to be two obvious gaps.

Not sure I've detected such a policy myself but, assuming for a moment it does exist, I'm relishing the prospect of 1/72 Javelin FAW.9, Sea Vixen FAW.2, Walrus and Sea Fury FB.11.  

45 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Aww, and what is it your hoping for Ratch........:whistle:

Nothing in particular...

I'd like to see some new 1/600 WW2 ships, some 54mm & 1/72 Napoleonic figures (British centre companies, French fusiliers), 1/72 Tractor, Wheeled, Aircraft, Heavy, Sentinel 4x4 (V-bomber tractor), 1/72 Gloster Grebe III DC, 1/72 Avro 504N, 1/72 Dingo Mk.IA and a re-issue of the M212F 1/12 Boy Scout :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Airfix seem to be developing a policy of having a type in both 1/72 and 1/48, so my guess would be a 1/48 Fw190 or Gladiator as these seem to be two obvious gaps.

A 1/48th Fw 190 would sell well, I'm sure. But, I have more than enough of the old and new Eduard kits to keep me going for a long time. I'm not sure what Airfix could do with the subject to get me to buy more than one.

9 hours ago, SleeperService said:

They were hinting strongly a while back about the Vampire T.11 appearing in 1/48th. They fibbed.

However I have the HobbyCraft Vampire from my Obsolete Kit GB to complete so I may take one for the team in KUTA XI

My mate has just pointed out that the RAF was formed to protect aircraft like the R.E.8 from unfriendly Boche attention. There doesn't seem to be much kitwise at present...

I keep forgetting they have done a new tool Vampire (the T11) in 1/72 but didn;t know they were hinting at a 1/48th kit.    I should have been more specific.   I'm surprised they haven't done a new tool FB5 etc.  

Well my auntie Nellie is a cleaner at Hornby and whilst hoovering the boardroom  she found a screwed up memo that said that the next big kit is a 1:1 scale Spitfire I (based on the tooling developed for James May's TV programme) and that General Melchett has been commissioned by Airfix Model World magazine to convert one into a Mk XIV using balsa wood and clear dope & talc, following in the footsteps of the late Alan Hall.

Or perhaps I shouldn't have had strong cheese for supper?

• Haha 5

As a regular non-contributor to even the least speculative posts, I'm reluctant to stoop to this level, but talk of 1/48 Hampdens and 1/24 Whirlwind MkIs does get my attention.

Nevertheless, my guess is a 1/24th Hellcat 

Or a 1/48th Beardmore Inflexible, the most attractive and underrated Golden Age bomber 😉

Looking at the size of my stash and what is due for release that I might want to buy, I am hoping Airfix announce something a non 1/72nd scale, non aviation subject that has not been operated by the British Armed Forces. Of course, I will be just as excited on the day when they announce that the next batch of Airfix Classics include the SRN1 and Rotodyne

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Of course, I will be just as excited on the day when they announce that the next batch of Airfix Classics include the SRN1 and Rotodyne

That's a good point, because I'm just as keen to see all of the potential possibilities for the Classics range realised. There's so many of their old kits I would like to see in this range that the new tool stuff wouldn't bother me half as much. SRN1, Rotodyne, Cherokee Arrow, Islander, Beaver, Bassett, Bird Dog, most of the "Modern" car series....the list goes on. That's where Airfix would get my money. Let's hope that the range keeps going and we see more of their long lost back catalogue.

Steve

• Like 3

You know there’s every chance that the re-released ‘Return to the Skies’ Vulcan night just end up as the first aircraft kit issued in this ‘Vintage Classics’ range - we wouldn’t want anyone to be disappointed when they find the kits surface details are not quite as crisp as the new Victor. Funnily enough, sales might even be healthier, although I’d ditch the original 1983 boxart for something  Roy Cross inspired. 

Cheers.. Dave 

40 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Funnily enough, sales might even be healthier, although I’d ditch the original 1983 boxart for something  Roy Cross inspired. 

The artwork from the front of 'Empire of the Skies' would be quite acceptable as well. Awesome book BTW.

6 hours ago, Nigel Bunker said:

Well my auntie Nellie is a cleaner at Hornby and whilst hoovering the boardroom  she found a screwed up memo that said that the next big kit is a !:! scale Spitfire I (based on the tooling developed for James May's TV programme) and that General Melchett has been commissioned by Airfix Model World magazine to convert one into a Mk XIV using balsa wood and clear dope & talc, folloeing in the footsteps of the late Alan Hall.

Ah, but is that just what they WANT you to think?

7 hours ago, Mr T said:

Looking at the size of my stash and what is due for release that I might want to buy, I am hoping Airfix announce something a non 1/72nd scale, non aviation subject that has not been operated by the British Armed Forces. Of course, I will be just as excited on the day when they announce that the next batch of Airfix Classics include the SRN1 and Rotodyne

Looking at the size of ‘my’ stash I can only hope that Airfix’s announcement is a 1:1 reticulated stash concealer 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

That they've at long last fired all their dubious quality control staff so we don't have to,

A- "use some basic modelling skills", or what ever certain folk like to say to anyone that dares to flag faults up! To remedy what ever is wrong.

Or,

B- wait for replacement parts to arrive on the slow boat from India.

😌 

That would surely be a welcome announcement. 

• Like 2