Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

15 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Good grief Charlie Brown, 75 posts already

my guess

1/144th Mignet Pou-du-Ciel

or even betterer 1/72 Venom

You can get one of those already - http://www.hyperscale.com/2015/reviews/kits/brs144023reviewmd_1.htm  or spend £3 and get a Shed Models one in white metal in 1/200! :)

A 1/24 Blenheim is one helluva good shout - would never have occurred to me..... but then a 1/48 Mossie makes even more sense (even though their last rendition I rather liked!)

TT

Edited by TEXANTOMCAT

I shall begin caring or otherwise after the announcement.  Anything else is just speculation and wishing :shrug:

Anyway - you're all wrong, it's going to be a 1:24 Westland Wendover.  I absolutely GUARANTEE it. :yes:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

If it has to be 1:24 my bet would be Me 262. Personally I would prefer a Sea Fury or even better DH88 Comet - but for selling kits I guess the 262 will sell better and give more options 😞

I would love a 1/24 262, it would be the only 1/24 I would buy (well, nobody is going to do an Me 163 are they). I also think it would make excellent financial sense as no one has yet done it and it is such a popular aircraft. But unfortunately I don't think it will be.

If it is 1/24, I think it is likely to be some favour of Spitfire. Which personally I think would be a boring choice, but in a couple of years the original tool will be fifty, so It really needs to be updated to the their Typhoon standard. If it's good for Airfix, it's okay with me.

If it's 1/48, I don't think it will be any bigger than something twin engined (Hampden :pray:).

If it's 1/72, then perhaps the Vulcan.

I forgot to add, @Phil Gollin made a very good point about the time and the date 11 o'clock on 10 (nearly the 11th) /11/2018, so how apposite a time to announce a 1/24 Sopwith Camel.

Edited by Gorby
addition
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 11:44 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

You know, I think Allan might be onto something here. What's the bet it's just a full size mock up of their already announced 1/48 Spitfire XIV and knowing Allan's love of Spitfires that should make him really happy!!! Yep - It'll be a January 2019 full range roll-out. 

I'm honestly hoping that they do announce some type of Big Bang kit and revisit the glory Telford days of 2014's big Tiffie release, however as a prominent 1/72 modeller I'd be happy with a few little bangers (the list being too many to mention, so something should hopefuly get me excited). 

Cheers.. Dave  

Thanks Dave  - I think!!:lol: Personally, I think the announcement will be for the next run of Vintage Classics thereby probably  upsetting just about everyone (except me of course!). Having bought most of the AFV/Vehicles in the first lot, I am  looking forward to the next batch!😁

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

I reckon Airfix love to see these threads start, not for the publicity and keeping the brand in many peoples mind but to see what subjects they can look into doing! They don't need a think tank to look for subjects when they have you lot to look to :)

The Vulcan keeps coming up and whilst it's still in production and selling fine then why do another? Maybe it's old, out of shape (sounds like me!) but for the casual buyer which lets admit it, is most of the people who buy kits in the first place then the resources can and should be used for other projects.

For me the popularity of certain era's of history - for some reason I'm thinking post WW1 to WW2 with the romance of the era with steam trains and the tv shows such as Maigret and Poirot emphasizing this then I'll throw in a Supermarine S6b, winner and with plenty of history and character, would look good to on a beaching stand,  there, I've done it now, I've joined the crowd, I've been sucked in, hell, while I'm here a fresh large scale JU88 would be nice, or as mentioned a bf110.

At a larger scale for casual interest it has to be really a subject from the 1960's backwards, purely because these subjects have more substance for want of a better word, anything modern has slab sides, flat non de-script shapes that doesn't hold the interest in pure appearance like the older subjects. As an example, a Tigercat has more things of interest to actually look at than say a F16, well, that's my opinion anyway...

As for the announcement, they'd be crazy not to announce something, the busiest, biggest event in the year for them and many others? Foregone conclusion really, Airfix needs to have something different to attract the bods in and to be in peoples mind when there's loads of other stuff to look at but in the meantime:

yoda.jpg?w=656

Edited by Toe
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Chimpion said:

I fancy a 1:12 Hillman Imp🙄

For the price you'd be better buying a 1/1 scale.........it'd be cheaper!

Be aware, DON'T buy one that was in the tech school on site at Ryton...............:whistle:

15 minutes ago, Toe said:

..........I reckon Airfix love to see these threads start,

I just hope that Hornby do the staff's washing...........they have to be :rofl2::rofl2: themselves!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

1/24 modern farm set. Complete with tractor, harvester and cows in a variety of action poses.

Now that would be something that might get SWMBO'd into modelling, especial;;y the cows.

Edited by Jabba

The clues are all there as always, if you look closely enough.

Telford is on the M54.  

5 and 4 make nine, so it's a Mk IX.

Telford is 308 miles from Le Fresne Camilly airfield via Ouistreham and country lanes.

308 was the Polish Squadron that flew Type IX Spits from there.

Telford is a new town like Milton Keynes (MK).

Nearby roads are the A442, A464. Added together, that's 906.

Take the nearby B4373, minus 43 from 73 giving you 30.

Add the A5, making 941.

Take off the 1 in respect to this being a 'big one' and you get...

MK940, Type IX Spit of 308 Sqn.

See.....it's so obvious really.

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, bobsyouruncle said:

The clues are all there as always, if you look closely enough.

Telford is on the M54.  

5 and 4 make nine, so it's a Mk IX.

Telford is 308 miles from Le Fresne Camilly airfield via Ouistreham and country lanes.

308 was the Polish Squadron that flew Type IX Spits from there.

Telford is a new town like Milton Keynes (MK).

Nearby roads are the A442, A464. Added together, that's 906.

Take the nearby B4373, minus 43 from 73 giving you 30.

Add the A5, making 941.

Take off the 1 in respect to this being a 'big one' and you get...

MK940, Type IX Spit of 308 Sqn.

See.....it's so obvious really.

Ted Rogers is alive and well, how's Dusty?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

Handley Page V/1500,

Now that would be different!

This whistleblowers image of the Airfix management team in a final meeting before the announcement confirms the report of two kits being released..the 1/48 Scimitar and 1/24 Farley Fruitbat type XXVI 😊

business-commerce-meeting-session-board_

What about an announcement that the ‘new’ Airfix Club wiill be making a re-vamped appearance?  There’s good news for the zilllions of overseas customers too, as our international postage costs will no longer include sending items around the moon and back and be charged somewhere closer to reality! Seems like eBay are using the same postage calculator these days as well!! 

Speaking of re-vamped, a 1/24 Vampire might tick a few boxes? 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2