Airfix announcement at Telford 2018, F6F-5 Hellcat 1/24 scale

Robert

Seeing as Airfix have already announced their Spitfire XIV, on the IPMS UK site https://ipmsuk.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Scale-ModelWorld-2018-Timetable-V1.pdf the timetable of events includes an announcement by Airfix at 11 o'clock on the Saturday. 

Wonder what it could be....

Robert

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

I was wondering if there would be another announcement as usual at Telford. An Airfix tradition for a few years now.

So we've had a 48th scale fighter, I'll guess it'll be a 72nd scale bomber, something along the lines of a Mosquito or Stirling, or Halifax. Or perhaps a Ju.88. Or maybe a Vulcan!

Does Airfix have a release pattern? If there's one. 

Personally, I think a BoB Ju 88A-1/A-5 in 1:72 would be good, and perfect for an Airfix gift set alongside other BoB aircraft.

Edited by Sturmovik

I was told at a show recently by some one who has close connections with Airfix that it will be a "big one".

Knowing my luck it will be a big number 1 ( thank heaven it's not a big number 2 :S)

Any way...……………………. my guess ….. 1/48 Phantom

Dick

the ever hopeful

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It's five years since the big Typhoon, if it's rumoured profitability is correct, then even with tightened purse strings it wouldn't surprise me to see something equally ambitious.

The current big Spitfire tooling is well past it's best, what chance it gets replaced?

Cheers,

Bill.

• Like 2

As I said before there was something big that’s been held back due to the money woes, guessing its that, what that is whether a it’s a 1/48 medium like a phantom, a 1/72 heavy like a new Vulcan or an new 1/24 perhaps a defiant or gladiator I don’t know. 

On recent experience it's bound to be greeted with wrong scale/ wrong era/ duplication of effort ( delete as applicable)  

Personally I am more than happy to see the increasing numbers of great models being made available regardless if they are my thing or not.  Long may the golden age of modelling continue. 

Now it had better be either a 1/24 Hunter F6 or a Lightning or there will be trouble 😋

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

Would that be a 1/48 scale Number "1" or a 1/24? Do you think they'll follow up with numbers 2-0?

[...gets coat... whistles... :whistle:…]

And no doubt somebody will be straight along with, "Is it just me or is the nose not quite right?".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi

a 1:32 lancaster ? 

cheers

jerry

That's just silly Jerry - we all know that Airfix don't do 1/32, so please correct your post to 1/24!!  

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

22 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That's just silly Jerry - we all know that Airfix don't do 1/32, so please correct your post to 1/24!!  

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi

ok then

a 1:24 whirlwind fighter with BoB decals 

cheers

jerry 

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Like 2

Just now, brewerjerry said:

Hi

ok then

a 1:24 whirlwind fighter 

cheers

jerry 

No Jerry - your initial subject was correct, just wrong scale - so its a 1/24 Lanc! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

I was wondering if there would be another announcement as usual at Telford. An Airfix tradition for a few years now.

So we've had a 48th scale fighter, I'll guess it'll be a 72nd scale bomber, something along the lines of a Mosquito or Stirling, or Halifax. Or perhaps a Ju.88. Or maybe a Vulcan!

Yes

3 hours ago, Col. said:

Not a Vulcan imho

Airfix are expecting in another batch of the old Vulcan & paints set - 'Vulcan to the sky' A50097

I doubt Airfix would be re-issuing this if there was new mould kit in the offings

btw, there is nothing about an announcement at SMW on the Airfix website

• Like 1