Junkers D.I Wingnut Wings 1/32

My first experience with the Wingnut Wings kit is finished and I must admit it was a pure joy! 
I`ve used TaurusModels engine goodies and my own hand-carved propeller with a resin hub by ProperPlane. 
Painted mostly with Tamiya acrylics.
HvQo4Ep.jpg
Qurrdt2.jpg
mhOHInx.jpg
Wb3QXF5.jpg
zJ89298.jpg
1cio0VX.jpg

8xXlYUY.jpg
ClPCQZf.jpg
jUBeLvb.jpg
ChELWhJ.jpg

SkRlp7n.jpg
xlRelgl.jpg
x6Iqgbh.jpg
gkWX04E.jpg
fetgywv.jpg
rh2zPx6.jpg
BTY4IgQ.jpg
fSSl9Ep.jpg

KOW9VZS.jpg
GVtEsXD.jpg
BPtlFxc.jpg

kX68g3b.jpg
fbpCsXs.jpg
srTvabP.jpg
HmG4LNG.jpg
qQAtYwj.jpg
Wypyjpx.jpg
tNVq7Us.jpg
PUfcxUv.jpg
Hmc5Af2.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MickE said:

That's brilliant, so realistic. What paint did you use for the mauve and green on the wings?

Mick

Thanks! I`ve used the mix of Tamiya paints from the instruction - I don`t remember the ratio but I may look for it if you want.

First Class job! Extremely realistic work on the engine bay and just the right amount of weathering, chipping etc. Beautiful!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xmald said:

Thanks! I`ve used the mix of Tamiya paints from the instruction - I don`t remember the ratio but I may look for it if you want

Yes Please. I use Tamiya myself so I may have the colours, can you let me also know the numbers?

Cheers

Mick

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MickE said:

Yes Please. I use Tamiya myself so I may have the colours, can you let me also know the numbers?

Cheers

Mick

the green is XF71 

mauve X16 x1 + XF52 x1 +XF2 x 1

7 hours ago, nheather said:

Awesome job.

Have you painted the insignia or used decals - and if decals, how did you get them to sit so perfectly on the corrugated surfaces?

Cheers,

Nigel

I`ve used and tried all the solutions that I had but;) Microscale set and sol worked best, I still had to cut the decals in some places and do the touch-ups afterwards. 

1 hour ago, sanfrandragon said:

I don't know anything about woodwork; how do you hand carve the prop?

You need to make a plywood out of thin veneer sheets. And then you print the plans of the propeller you need, glue it to the plywood and carve it using blades and sanding paper. It`s very easy but rather time-consuming.

14 hours ago, John R said:

Superb work. Please tell a mundane modeller how you do the 'chipping'?

The whole model was sprayed with MR. Color 8 prior to painting the camo and the black fuselage. It allows you to use the toothpick and other tools to make the scratches. Some others are simply painted.