Leichte Zugkraftwagen 3t -Sd.Kfz.11 & 20mm Flak 38

EVENING ALL....Hope the weekend went well. Managed to get this one to a 95% finished state. I have a figure in the works for it; but still polishing up my figure painting skills.......:swear:

I might still tinker with it over time, and add additional equipment and stowage; but for now it'll have to stay as it is while I shift back over to another couple of projects languishing on the shelf. Sorry abut the pics, but all I have is the mobile phone.......:whistle:

Cheers all.

Simon.

f6ki1JX.jpg

WgSnYWR.jpg

VYA4KpU.jpg

I91tOXm.jpg

R793NWP.jpg

9C7on9q.jpg

Q7JaSCk.jpg

mHSIV9U.jpg

E9ftKqf.jpg

hl3Pzf7.jpg

NPeYMFd.jpg

8zpQbWs.jpg

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 35

SIMPLY IMMACULATE. :clap:

Or should that be 'complicatedly immaculate' what with all those glorious details and effects?

I'm guessing the rear decking is made from Bass Wood again? Have you tried painting it up to look wet and EXTREMELY rotten? I only ask because I'd like to see how that turns out.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

That turned out rather well didn't it?

Who the he$$ am I kidding, it turned out fantastic, LOL

Now you need two glass cases as you can't put this and the Wespe in the same case after all.

I want more.....

Take care,

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

Hi all....finally got the chance to sit down and reply to all and take a look at the forum.

Many thanks :yes::yes::yes: to........

On 10/7/2018 at 9:32 PM, Kris B said:

Stunning work. Cheers for sharing.

On 10/7/2018 at 9:33 PM, PlaStix said:

Exceptionally impressive modelling on all levels! Utterly stunning! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 10/8/2018 at 3:04 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent work and weathering. 👍

On 10/8/2018 at 10:33 AM, Jim Wasley said:

Exceptional work on the detail in this model,the wood paneling is very realistic,Cheers.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:35 AM, Bullbasket said:

That has turned out brilliantly. The weathering on that rear deck is exceptional.

John.

23 hours ago, Badder said:

SIMPLY IMMACULATE. :clap:

Or should that be 'complicatedly immaculate' what with all those glorious details and effects?

I'm guessing the rear decking is made from Bass Wood again? Have you tried painting it up to look wet and EXTREMELY rotten? I only ask because I'd like to see how that turns out.

Rearguards,

Badder

I intend to pick up an Opel Blitz and replace the rear in Bass Wood.....I'll experiment on that Badder and show you the progress. I need to develop a way to introduce realistic hobnail boot marks and "bruising" of the wood's surface.....and as you mention, some rotten ends to the boards etc.

Watch this space.......:whistle:

14 hours ago, DAG058 said:

Amazing work and a great WiP! 

11 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

That turned out rather well didn't it?

Who the he$$ am I kidding, it turned out fantastic, LOL

Now you need two glass cases as you can't put this and the Wespe in the same case after all.

I want more.....

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks again and for coming along on this build, a long one.....😁. I still intend along the way to add little details like side arms etc as I pick them up. I have some things like leaf littler I might place here and there. So There will be upgraded pics on here along the way.

All the best.

Simon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I intend to pick up an Opel Blitz and replace the rear in Bass Wood.....I'll experiment on that Badder and show you the progress. I need to develop a way to introduce realistic hobnail boot marks and "bruising" of the wood's surface.....and as you mention, some rotten ends to the boards etc.

Watch this space.......

Well, I will certainly watch 'a' space. I suspect it will be a different space to this one!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Cheers Francis.......still some additional detail and stowage, leaf litter etc.......but leaving it for a bit and switching back to my”Grille” 38t. It’s been languishing for a while.......needs some TLC🤓

thanks agin👍

• 2 years later...

Afternoon all......just an update on the RFI from some time back......finally added it's figure. I'm concentrating on figures this coming weeks to have a break from AFV's. Still need to practice the face side of figure painting.....but I think it's down to the sharpness of the figure from the outset...only thing I've noticed from taking a pic is I forgot his cap markings........anyway, here's some update images of the Zug finally done. Maybe next step is to get the diorama started......

uVajBD3.jpg

qFe87F3.jpg

wQNbsDG.jpg

VvpeH1t.jpg

kWuFQUp.jpg

• Like 9

Stunning work. I love flak carrier! I always wonder the benefit of the two "wings" on top drive compartment 🤔.

Ciao

Filippo

• Thanks 1

That really did turn out superbly. Great build and weathering! The figure looks fantastic too. Very well done.
And I really liked the traces of welding.
Flak is also great, I like this early modification with a sight collimator and aiming computer, in this configuration Flak looks very cool.
Flak cannon Dragon or Hobby Boss (Tristar)?

Vytautas

18 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Stunning work. I love flak carrier! I always wonder the benefit of the two "wings" on top drive compartment 🤔.

Ciao

Filippo

Thanks Filippo, the wings. Not sure, maybe stop rain dripping. Does seem a bit of over do, but 'eh, the German's had issue's with that approach.....:think:

12 hours ago, Carius said:

Hi my friend, another superb job.

Take care

Cesar

Cheers Ceser......some said on here that a figure set's off a vehicle and I have to agree. Gives it scale.

12 hours ago, sanfrandragon said:

That’s an exercise in quality weathering, and the figure looks great too.

Thanks Sanfrandragon.....:yes:

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

That really did turn out superbly. Great build and weathering! The figure looks fantastic too. Very well done.
And I really liked the traces of welding.
Flak is also great, I like this early modification with a sight collimator and aiming computer, in this configuration Flak looks very cool.
Flak cannon Dragon or Hobby Boss (Tristar)?

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas........got the idea of the weld beads from a build I saw on the web. It's one of the reasons I do more Axis armour and vehicles, with the adhoc they had to do the make ends meet. The Flak is a Dragon. Nice kit and an easy build.

Thanks again for taking a look mate.

22 minutes ago, Model Mate said:

Superb work. Great figure painting too. I love the welded on re-purposed steel sheets under each foot of the gun; fantastic detail!

Thanks MM.......:yes: