This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Twentecable

Revell 1/32 Me262 B1/U1

Ok guys, next project. Or better a reboot. I had gotten this as a bd present and started this one last year.

5c0efc84a2576fd2ad32169143d0a2d3.jpg

Due to stress at work and a training and uncertainity I could do the mottling scheme I put it aside. Having finished my La-5 I now return to this but not without a challenge. Due to the home decoration I got no workspace AND most of my paints and stuff is behind a heap of other stuff in the garage. So I can just cut, clean and glue abit. This makes that I try to clean and assemble as much as possible. And cleaning I do need to this. My first verdict is that it is not a perfect model but this package of a big bag of plastic and lots of nice detail for €35,- is a steal.The box with sub assemblies and parts fill quickly.

dddf3df5874adc0ee69134b8c22fe6ba.jpg

Well there are a view weird attachment points on the engine part. Points?? Hmm more strips, will have to sand down this abit. There were four of these strips on both engine caps :(.

.fce95db5bbd60184ed031770099d837d.jpg
The lower hull with lower wings. I needed to help this a bit to get the undercarriage part in place. Dry fitting with the hull will show if I can proceed.

2d5be1b46af1fb2a4dc52df3c6679b7a.jpg

I can only build with good weather in the gardin till 5pm. So pray with me for good weather next weekend!

Greetings Lars

So guys. Dying is not dead. And I took heart to pick this one up again.

Worked to finish the cockpit. I used the kit decals. Cut out every dial and I am pretty content with result (yes some are misaligned). I added drops of clear (not on this pic). I feel like I will go for Eduard PE next time... With my sparse model time a shortcut is appreciated....

spacer.png

Then I took on the rest of the tub. Kept weathering to a minimum since these birds did life that long. I added some wiring, I think the ends wont be visible after adding the screen part. I aslo used the kit decals, cutting them so the bumpy parts do work out at least a bit.

spacer.png

Have fun comments are always welcome.

Greetings Lars