LS Willow Type-93 K5Y2 Kamikazi

JOCKNEY

As this training aircraft joined in the action late on by being used in Kamikazi attacks, I believe its eligible for this GB. (Rich will take delight in deleting this post if it isn't !) :D

A K5Y of the Kamikaze Special Attack Corps 3rd Ryuko Squadron was credited with sinking the destroyer USS Callaghan on July 29, 1945, the last US warship lost to kamikaze attack during the war.

Pictures of the unstarted kit below, it even has its own glue, and yes it is moulded in hi-vis orange so you can find it in the dark ! :coolio:

cheers Pat

IMG_4073

IMG_4074

IMG_4075

• Like 6

Ahh you have the luxury version!  Mine is in a period end-opening box (yes folks it’s not just Revell of Germany), all Japanese instructions and cracked decals!  Same retina burning plastic though...

Look forward to seeing how the build goes.  Supposedly the fuselage is too chubby but I won’t be worrying about that when I build mine.

Cheers Will

hmmmm Pat.

Well the scheme you've chosen isn't allowed as it's outside the boundaries of the GB, if you can find out that they were used somewhere in SEA then that scheme (prob still that eye searing yellow) will be ok.

I'm now off to find some eye drops and a nice dark corner to recover my sight! 

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen 

The Willow will no longer be continuing as part of this GB, because I didn't read the rules :banghead: :oops:

It will reappear when the opportunity presents itself, I promise.

It will now be replaced by this

IMG_4094

Oh and to be on the safe side I thought I would check with a grown up if this one was ok, however i couldn't find one of those so had to get the ok from @trickyrich instead  ;)

cheers Pat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 8:56 AM, Grandboof said:

Looking forward to seeing this in the Trainer GB  

Martin H

Excellent idea Martin

I was already going to do a Hawker Henley tug so that looks like another busy GB

Stroll on I've just remembered I'm also co-hosting :frantic:

cheers Pat