Airfix Sea king HU5 build No2

Adding the HF wire antenna to the side, insulator is made from some 

micro insulation from an old iPhone charging lead and the wire element 

is from Uschi , 0.05 rigging elastic. I'm building up a another bead insulator from PVA 

glue at the moment and then they will get painted.

P1060770

P1060771

P1060772

P1060773

Cheers 

Dan 

• Like 9

Hi Dan

hope you're on the road to recovery. This is looking really good, those FOD guards are nice & along with the RBF tags they really bring something to the model. Damn fine work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2019 at 3:50 AM, Dads203 said:

from Uschi

It's funny, the first time I read about this line, I went on ebay to look it up. Anyone else that has done the same will know that line, is about the last thing that shows up. Apparently, the germans have a crush on someone with the same name, and she is NOT safe for work. Kind of creepy actually............

The final stretch.........its those little bits that really breathe life into the finished product, amazing what you and others can do with these tiny kits. For all those forgetting, this is 72nd scale. Amazing stuff.

Cheers,

Anthony

• Thanks 1

Cheers Guys,

On the home straight now, just the main rotors and the tail rotors, a couple of days at the bench and then I’ll be handing this this little beauty over. A great kit from Airfix, not totally without fault but a very enjoyable build. I can see more Sea King builds on my bench in the future that’s for sure. 

Thank you you all for the feedback, comments and likes :thumbsup:

Regards

Dan 

• Like 3

Cheers all,

Working on the main rotors and the tail rotor, the optical sensor on the nose requires the underside of the MRB's to have black squares 

so these are sprayed and masked up. the main blade colour next.

P1060780

Tail rotor will get masked up and the red/black added. 

Filter has had an oil wash 

P1060782

P1060783

P1060781

Winch gets some paint soon and then we are almost done, I need to sort out the canopy and pop an oil wash on the sponsons yet

Regards

Dan  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, timtom1982 said:

Amazing I cant get over the tiny details! Great work cant wait to see it 

Handover next weekend Tim,  All being well then get ready for a trip down. 

Regards

Dan 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks Smashing dan, tim has a nice trip to north wales to look forward too ,as well as picking up this beauty,  The wife and i visit conway at least a couple times a year, it's gorgeous up there

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheers chaps, 

Hewy, North Wales isn't too bad but I still gravitate toward my home county as often as I can, Good old Cornwall.

So main rotors are almost done, just the slinging markings to be masked up and painted, after that a bit of exhaust staining

and that part is done. The tail rotor next, MRP white has been put down so I'll mask up for the red and then main blade colour black.

Here is where we are at so far.

P1060784

P1060785

P1060786

P1060787

P1060788

P1060789

The lighting in the workshop has changed the hues somewhat and some of the subtle shading is washed out but in the flesh it looks better than the photo's

Enjoy 

Dan 

• Like 7

I have relatives in Conwy and will be down again at the start of September, I spent every summer there growing up, I love North Wales and will looking forward to the drive down only about an hour an 20 mins next weekend. When 22 sqd were based at Valley as was part of the Valley Aviation Society for many years. 

• Like 2

When you take pictures of the helo in your hand, it really shows off the scale, how incredibly small the bird is, making the detailing that much more impressive. Awesome build my friend, please take plenty of pics before you hand her over. That said, Tim, could you also take pictures when you have her, maybe outside for some extra realism. One of those bases from Coastal Kit displays would make a perfect partner.

Incredible display of modeling prowess!

Anthony

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys,

Another step closer now, tail rotor done which just leaves the winch 

to be painted and added, Still have the strop markings for the blades 

but we are almost done. Must look at an RAF Cab at some point as not to alienate 

the Crabs. 

P1060790

P1060791

P1060792

P1060793

Enjoy the phots chaps 

Regards

Dan 

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Hamden said:

Stunning absolutely stunning!

Like he said, really nothing more to say. You know you got something special when just the mere sight of it, creates an involuntary smile that you couldn't control even if you wanted too.

The only downside, you have to let her go😟.

Anthony

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys for the amazing comments, appreciated totally :)

It will be sad to see her go but it means a new project on the bench soon so that’s exciting. I’ll grab a few more of my usual builds and then it might be a HC4 that gets some Dads203 attention. I do however have a started Royal Navy lynx which keeps looking at me, it was started when Hobbyboss first brought it out and I went crazy in the detailing up until I got bored with it. It’s now back in view again. 

Regards

Dan 

• Like 2