Airfix Sea king HU5 build No2

last few fuselage decals going on now and the painting up of the smaller parts, gloss coat soon 

and then the weathering.

P1060736

P1060735

P1060734

P1060733

I've also got to start the winch and main rotors plus the tail rotor 🙂 

Almost finish time for this build.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 6

Weathering, these hard worked cabs are well looked after but they do abstain 

from being really really clean, started the process with several colours, Exhaust stain and Nato Black from MRP.

One thing that did happen is that I clamped the fuselage quite tight in the GSI vice, with the weather being a trifle warm it softened up the paint 

and left me with two nice marks just below the door, these will have to taken care of but its a nause now to sort out. 

P1060744

P1060743

P1060741

The other side needs doing now along with the underside, then a oil wash to bring out some of the details and we should be looking at adding the sponsons 

to the fuselage finally. 

Regards

Dan 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

looking at adding the sponsons  

Even at four AM. with my meds in full effect, I can still enjoy the visuals where kit and skill come together harmoniously. Sucks about the vise marks, but you will have that sorted before the ink in this reply has time to dry up! 😊

Cheers,

Anthony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Chaps, 

Not been able to get much more done I’m afraid, I’m currently on light duties after a visit to the doctors. I have a suspected clot on my right lung and am undergoing a few tests. Hoping to get back to it as soon as chaps.

Regards

Dan 

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Dads203 said:

suspected clot

Damn brother, that's scary. Strange that about a month ago, I woke up with one of my ankles swollen up, and it's still swollen to this day. I told my doctors about it, but they replied with little concern. I am worried that it is related to a clot of other circulation problem, but I have no money to go to Manila and get the VA to run tests, or money to see a local doctor for tests. It's a bit nerve racking, I just hope it is something simple that can be treated via meds or activity changes.

Wish you well my friend, they will get it sorted in no time. Keep us informed.

Cheers,

Anthony

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Stalker6Recon said:

Damn brother, that's scary. Strange that about a month ago, I woke up with one of my ankles swollen up, and it's still swollen to this day. I told my doctors about it, but they replied with little concern. I am worried that it is related to a clot of other circulation problem, but I have no money to go to Manila and get the VA to run tests, or money to see a local doctor for tests. It's a bit nerve racking, I just hope it is something simple that can be treated via meds or activity changes.

Wish you well my friend, they will get it sorted in no time. Keep us informed.

Cheers,

Anthony

No doubt you are on clot buster drugs  All the best mate.

Stalker6Recon  You need to see someone about it.  I know it is easy for us in the UK to say this because of the NHS but seriously working on a surgical ward I know how serious a PE can be.  

Rodders

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rodders154 said:

serious a PE can be

Yeah, I am not exactly walking around unconcerned. We moved recently, and have very little money as we had to take on short term debt to pay all the expenses. I am hoping to be seen locally as soon as possible, maybe in a week or two, after my pension arrives. Beyond the ankle being swollen a bit, actually both ankles have some swelling in them, one more than the other, I am fine. No pain of problems getting around, but still not something I like going undiagnosed. Hopefully it can be treated with some meds and recover quickly, I certainly can't afford a stay at the hospital.

Thanks for the concern,

Anthony

• Like 1

Cheers chaps,

Had a load of tests done yesterday so I’m just waiting for the results now, I’m on blood thinners for my AF and they have said that they might play with the dosages. My liver is inflamed and they seem to be more concerned with with that at the moment and are looking into the causes, possibly my meds. 

I should be be back on the build in the next few days hopefully so stay tuned.

Kind Regards

Dan 

• Like 3

On 7/25/2019 at 2:40 AM, Dads203 said:

big unmasking .. I hate this bit  

Not sure why you hate it, she looks fantastic. You did a stellar job with the exhaust stains, very nice realism. Hope all goes well with the tests, I am sure it will be accurate and easy to correct. Keep your chin up brother, we are pulling for you!

Anthony

• Thanks 1

Cheers chaps, feeling well enough to have an hour in the workshop,

Really coming together now, FOD guards on and sponsons tacked in to place 

to get the landing gear aligned up. Crew door decaled and waiting to go on.

Managed to sort out the vice marks on the side, a little micromesh and some Mr Surfacer followed by a quick respray and it's as good as new. 

P1060749

P1060751

P1060752

P1060753

The de masking stage is my least favourite as if I got wrong then it would ruin the build, it has to be one of the last things done on the paint stage so its always 

a nervous time :o

Still got to sort out the canopy framing, some antennas and more detail painting on various bits and bobs but we are getting close now.

Regards

Dan

• Like 6

Thanks guys for the generous comments on the build.

Here is where we are at, FLIR downlink antenna is now done. more weathering with oils and much more.

P1060762

Crew door is on 

P1060760 P1060763

P1060764

Work started on the main rotor blades and tail rotor.

Regards

Dan 

• Like 6