Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Splinter Aggressor (Advice Needed: Next Step?)

On 04/03/2019 at 09:16, Alan P said:

Good job!

Restrained weathering and a good save on the finishing.

Alan

Thanks, Alan :) I really need to come back and do the very last touches, but I've been distracted with other things and so I have been at the (now packed up) bench in months.  I really should just commit and afternoon and finish it off and do it the justice it needs.  The Tamiya kits and Two Bobs decals are superb.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

Great work. I will take benefit of your experience from your post during my splintered Viper build.

resize_85141800.jpg

Cheers

Serkan

Good luck. It's a very fun scheme to do.  If you get the masks you'll save time, otherwise it isn't difficult to mask, just time consuming.  Use a new blade for each line and you can cut the masking tape on the model with little risk of affecting primer etc.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/airframe-profile/1774/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, planehazza said:

Good luck. It's a very fun scheme to do.  If you get the masks you'll save time, otherwise it isn't difficult to mask, just time consuming.  Use a new blade for each line and you can cut the masking tape on the model with little risk of affecting primer etc.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/airframe-profile/1774/

I am too lazy to do masking using tape and x-acto... 🙂

Usually I do my own 3 view drawings with selected camo scheme and create vinyl masks using cutter/plotter. It can be resized to any scale and repeatable as I have Vipers in scales 1:144 to 1:18!... (Yes 1:18)

f-16c-block40f-solo-tuerk-no2.jpg?live_c

604.jpg

Cheers

Serkan

On 3/18/2019 at 10:05 AM, planehazza said:

Oh wow!  Might I have your permission to use that image if I build another please?

Yes of course!

Let me finish instruction sheets for masking order. I will place them in my web site from where I share all pictures here in this forum.

• Thanks 1