Ki-61-Id Hien New Tool Tamiya 1:72

Hello mates,

here something brand new.

This is my little swallow i fell in love with at Nuremberg Toy Fair. Tamiya 1:72. Started on July 05, 2018, finished on September 30, 2018.

There are wheels, some etch, masks and exhausts from eduard, as well as the extra separate decals from the house.

This was pure fun to build!

Cheers,

Tom

ki61_04hh8trgg6ki61_04hh8gg6ki61_04hh8gvg6ki61_04hhuu86ki61_04hh86ki61_04hh8886

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2

• replicant changed the title to Ki-61-Id Hien New Tool Tamiya 1:72

Thank you guys!

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Hi, Tom. That is a superb presentation. How did you paint the green mottle or are they decals?

The camo are the decals coming separately from Tamiya, about 4 GBP/EUR, the pilot is converted from the marvelous Hasegawa Emily crew.....

Cheers

Tom

Cut it out, Tom- now you're just showing off! Your usual outstanding work...ho hum! Seriously, I'm not a fan of these markings, as they are done to death, but yours is the best I have seen in the scale. Keep 'em coming!  Unglaublich, meine freund! 🍻 It is Oktoberfest, is it not? (Sure do miss the real thing when we were stationed at Wiesbaden  from 1965-67!)

Mike 

• Thanks 1

Excellent Hien - everything looks right and convincing. Those camo decals should be a real time-saver, although I would probably miss the challenge.

15 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Cut it out, Tom- now you're just showing off! Your usual outstanding work...ho hum! Seriously, I'm not a fan of these markings, as they are done to death, but yours is the best I have seen in the scale. Keep 'em coming!  Unglaublich, meine freund! 🍻 It is Oktoberfest, is it not? (Sure do miss the real thing when we were stationed at Wiesbaden  from 1965-67!)

Mike 

Thank you Mike!

I like jets much more, but this was for ModellFan Magazine and the Hien is a beautiful fighter. OK for me. Tomorrow is the last day of the Oktoberfest, they say 7.000.000 Maß (Litre) Bier this yier... Wiesbaden is de hessische Äppelwoi .....Cidre.....

Cheers

Tom

Beautiful! I love the green camo over the bare metal.  All the painting is so crisp.  Also, major kudos to you for such great aerial wires! I never had the skill or patience to do them.

I have a Hasagawa Hein in the stash from the mid '90s.  Maybe I should get this new one?

• Thanks 1

Thank you, mates.

12 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I always hate doing those

12 hours ago, opus999 said:

I never had the skill or patience to do them.

On 06/10/2018 at 03:02, Learstang said:

How easy were they to work with?

You are not alone!

I really hate wires too, therefore no WW1 and not so much WW2 from me! I love wireless jets most!!!

Hello Learstang: They work good, yet i sanded them thinner and made 14 smaller pieces out of 4 with partly removed transparent areas

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 2