MAC 1/72nd K.u.K. Phonix D.IIa, summer 1918...

15 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

My modelling has improved ten-fold since I started hanging out here.

I feel that mine has over the course of one WIP!  Still along way to go to match most on here but being exposed to the glare of modelling in publioc certainly makes one lift ones game.

AW

4 minutes ago, Andwil said:

Still along way to go to match most on here

For me, and I only speak for myself, I am in it for the fun of the build.  I find so many builds here seem to be 'competition ready'...I mean they are really perfect and that is beautiful.  If I get that good someday, so be it.  That is not my thing.  I have to remember, and I remember fondly, the first kit I built, a Miles Magister from Airfix.  I was 7.  I glued it all together (dripping with glue) painted it bright red all over (dripping Testors enamel) and presented it to my father for praise.  Covered in glue and paint and fingerprints, still wet...he said, "Well, it looks like you're having fun!"  I like to keep that flame alive.  Some find fun in making sure the kit adheres strictly to the design of the original craft, down to the nuts and bolts.  For me, if it looks like a   insert your aircraft here   it's a  ________________.  This why I 'like' every single build in the GB threads.  It's only a hobby!

• Like 2

I did John. I painted the wings CDL using HU 121 and the fuselage wood using Revell SM382. Then I applied the splodge which was HU117 green with matt black added. I used a quarter inch brush with the paint very sparingly on the tip and very gently touched over the surface. According to WSDF the DI's were brown splodge while the DII's were more green. This is how it ended up.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=51048&p=775773&hilit=phoenix#p775773

Regards, Steve