Sub project X.

This looks great, looks like it could quite happily spend time above or below the water, or both even.  I really want to start kitbashing and its great to see how this has evolved.  I have a big stash of containers, lids and old model parts etc so i think i should just be motivated by this to have a go.

looking forward to following this.

• Like 1

@Tommygunn1972 you should it's is a very rewarding way of modelling. 

On 10/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

Smart. The curves on the main body remind me of the flying sub.

I like the shade of blue.

Cheers. 

Not much done so far other than adding a bit more blue and made a start on the front grey. 

IMG-20181013-095754.jpg

• Like 7

Going to change the clear base into a quick seabed. So I collected so green from a tree and a few small bits of slate from a drive. Zapped the green in the microwave for 60sec to dry it out. Covered the base in glue, added the motor mix and the scrapped some pastels on top and sprayed with a light coat of pva. I will leave to dry and lighten the colours with a bit of paint later and then add some green. 

IMG-20181014-165350.jpg
IMG-20181014-164218.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tommygunn1972 said:

This looks great I have some moss like that, might have to steal your idea and try it on my stormtrooper dio.

Go for it, tip for you: after you have dried the lichen out, it will readily soak up liquids like glues and turn a bit sloppy, so I cover the parts I'm going to stick down with runny super glue, let it dry and then use the hardens super glue to fix to the base, I have never painted lichen but I bet it would turn to slop.

RFI thread done.

• Like 1