Savoia Marchetti SM79

TonyW

An early rise this morning saw the last bits and pieces sorted out on the SM79.

Yet more touch up to the cammo, I don't think I'll ever be properly happy with it, but now's as good a time as any to call a halt. The whole plane got a dry brushing with a dusty tan colour to tone everything down a bit. The national markings were a bit bright I thought. It all looks as good as I can get it now.

The torpedoes were left off in the end. The red and white noses jarred with me every time I offered them up. I might yet finish them as the T3 box shows them, very dark bodies with a white band visible in the picture.

The rigging got hit with a 50-50 mix of silver and matt light grey as the black I used at first looked like cotton to me! It looks fine now.

The completion of this one means there's just the Ferguson to finish before the GB ends. I'll be having a good clean up on my bench this evening, prior to a bit of Tractor refurbishment.

Here's the finished plane, I'll take some Gallery pictures later on. 

IMG_6228.jpg

• Like 12

That's just beautiful Tony! 

Looks like you're gonna get another mention in the next Build list update and the Fergie will probably be in the one after that! 

You've really set this GB alight with so many truly amazing builds, hope you have as many Frog kits in the stash. 

Cheers and very well modelled... Dave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1