CBLS 200 with rocket panniers

Vicarage Vee

Rooting around in my spares box I came across some 1/72 white metal CBLS 100 and 200 from Dangly Bits. From what my limited knowledge tells me they are:

CBLS 100 suitable for Hawk, Harrier (first generation), Buccaneer

CBLS 100 (short) for Jaguar

CBLS 200 Tornado (and Hawk?)

But

CBLS 200 with rocket panniers - is that a UK store or used elsewhere?

With thanks for any enlightenment

VV

Edited by Vicarage Vee
Scale added

The CBLS with the rockets was in a Hasegawa weapons set, definately not a store used by the UK, think Japan used them and possibly Canada.

• Thanks 1

For modelling purposes (external appearance), what is the difference between CBLS 200 and CBLS 100?    Is it just the rocket launchers at the side or are there other visible differences?    I have the Hasegawa Japanese weapons kit and was hoping to model the CBLS by just leaving the rockets off and filling the attachment holes.    This thread has me thinking this might not work?    Any CBLS 100 available from other aftermarket producers?    

Thanks for any info or advice offered.

10 hours ago, Muzz said:

The CBLS with the rockets was in a Hasegawa weapons set, definately not a store used by the UK, think Japan used them and possibly Canada.

The  practice bomb carrier in the Hasegawa weapon set is the US  SUU-20,  not a CBLS.  The   CBLS 200  is used on  RAF Tornado,  I believe the CBLS 200 with added rocket tubes was introduced to compete with the SUU 20 in the marketplace.  It appears this  type is certainly used by the Japanese defence forces.

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn

13 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

The  practice bomb carrier in the Hasegawa weapon set is the US  SUU-20,  not a CBLS.  The   CBLS 200  is used on  RAF Tornado,  I believe the CBLS 200 with added rocket tubes was introduced to compete with the SUU 20 in the marketplace.  It appears this  type is certainly used by the Japanese defence forces.

Selwyn

Adding to that, the 200 with the rocket pods on the side were also in service with the Hawk 65/65A's of the Saudi Air Force although their use was minimal.

Dennis

26 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Selwyn

Hasegawa did both the SUU-20 and the CBLS 200 with rockets. The US dispenser in included in the generic 1/48 Aircraft Weapon Set A while the British is in the specific JASDF Weapon Set A

3 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Hasegawa did both the SUU-20 and the CBLS 200 with rockets. The US dispenser in included in the generic 1/48 Aircraft Weapon Set A while the British is in the specific JASDF Weapon Set A

Never knew there was a  JASDF Weapon Set A!

Selwyn

19 hours ago, Ranger626 said:

For modelling purposes (external appearance), what is the difference between CBLS 200 and CBLS 100?    Is it just the rocket launchers at the side or are there other visible differences?    I have the Hasegawa Japanese weapons kit and was hoping to model the CBLS by just leaving the rockets off and filling the attachment holes.    This thread has me thinking this might not work?    Any CBLS 100 available from other aftermarket producers?    

Thanks for any info or advice offered.

Pictures from the BM walkround section.

CBLS 100

s21.JPG

CBLS 200

ZA612%204.JPG

Depends on what scale you want them in. David Parkins Flightpath range has them both in 1/48.

https://www.djparkins.com/home.php?cat=276

No one currently makes them in 1/72. Freightdog used to but are now OOP.

Rob.

On 10/6/2018 at 1:02 AM, Phone Phixer said:

Pictures from the BM walkround section.

CBLS 100

s21.JPG

CBLS 200

ZA612%204.JPG

Depends on what scale you want them in. David Parkins Flightpath range has them both in 1/48.

https://www.djparkins.com/home.php?cat=276

No one currently makes them in 1/72. Freightdog used to but are now OOP.

Rob.

Please note that the CBLS 100 has a No119 Ejector Release unit fitted to the top which would normally be installed in the pylon and not seen. the CBLS would just have two Bail lugs on top.

Selwyn