MAN KAT-1 / M1001 Tractor Unit Help please

Kiwikitbasher

4 hours ago, rickshaw said:

Going by the few pictures of the cab on the web, I'd suggest it is painted usually the same as the external colour, like most military vehicles are.

Thanks, I am also trying to find out what external schemes were used by the US Army M1001s when towing Pershing II missiles in West Germany in the 80's Olive Drab? Green? NATO Green/Brown/Black woodland camo? 

1 hour ago, Kiwikitbasher said:

Thanks, I am also trying to find out what external schemes were used by the US Army M1001s when towing Pershing II missiles in West Germany in the 80's Olive Drab? Green? NATO Green/Brown/Black woodland camo? 

Go with what seems the most natural - Olive Green, for the USAF vehicles.  For US Army ones, I'd do European camouflage.  Look at pictures and decide what you want to model.

5 hours ago, rickshaw said:

Go with what seems the most natural - Olive Green, for the USAF vehicles.  For US Army ones, I'd do European camouflage.  Look at pictures and decide what you want to model.

Thanks, it's the lack of pictures that's the problem, I have had very little luck finding any that show how they were finished or the camo pattern etc.

14 hours ago, Kiwikitbasher said:

Thanks, it's the lack of pictures that's the problem, I have had very little luck finding any that show how they were finished or the camo pattern etc.

Appears to be plenty to me: - https://www.google.com/search?q=M1001+Tractor+Unit&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwji09ey7_PdAhUUAogKHZmNCdEQ_AUIDigB&biw=981&bih=651

Thanks,

Yes, I found those (only 8 or 9 are M1001 tractor units, and several are of quite low resolution. I have however just found a US Army manual to download that has the camo plan for the M1001 and numerous other vehicles:

http://imfmotorpool.com/015165.PDF

file.php?id=10621&t=1

file.php?id=10622

file.php?id=10623

file.php?id=10624

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 6:39 PM, Kiwikitbasher said:

Thanks,

Yes, I found those (only 8 or 9 are M1001 tractor units, and several are of quite low resolution. I have however just found a US Army manual to download that has the camo plan for the M1001 and numerous other vehicles:

http://imfmotorpool.com/015165.PDF

file.php?id=10621&t=1

file.php?id=10622

file.php?id=10623

file.php?id=10624

You do realise there is a diminishing return for accuracy?  I'd settle for an approximate pattern, myself.  ;)