1/350 USS Saratoga 1940

Hello Chris, Can you give us a little insight on the Eduard PE for the Sara. Are the instructions easy to follow, is the PE easy to bend eg. soft, hard requiring an over bend and then it 'springs' back some, or any advise you would provide?

Thanks, Jerry

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 21:20, Jerry L said:

Hello Chris, Can you give us a little insight on the Eduard PE for the Sara. Are the instructions easy to follow, is the PE easy to bend eg. soft, hard requiring an over bend and then it 'springs' back some, or any advise you would provide?

Thanks, Jerry

I found the photo etching from Eduard  very robust. Yes easy to bend,if you buy all 3 sets,there are two railings for the deck beside the funnel,on the set for the turrets.very weird.

On 24/01/2019 at 21:39, Jerry L said:

Thanks Chris, could the extra railings be for use after the 8"er's were replaced with the 5"er's?

Yes they are at the bottom of funnel on the starboard side.l will put a photo later.Sorry took longer than I thought.

Tlwytow.jpg

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, MikeR said:

I'll take a guess - 1/700 Revell Titanic being converted to the Britannic and a Combrig Yuri Gagarin?

Mike.:)

10 out of 10 ,I saw the 3D lifeboats and that was it ,always wanted to do Britannic ,I started Yuri ,because l was waiting for P.E. for Britannic so started the dishes on Yuri,all finished,wish the instructions from combrig were more detailed ,bit of a guessing game, what goes first.  

• Thanks 1