Skippers Ahoy!

Albatros

Happy to join all of you on this site and this forum. Some exchange of experiences , photographs, skills and ideas will be stimulating.

I have moved around a bit, lived in several countries over the last decade or so, due to the job. Not able to join any club of modellers.

Started long time ago, like many of us and had a long brake (ah, jobs!) never lost interest. Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Ships, the occasional house and one or two diorama’s done along the way. All types of scale. About a year or two ago I got hold again of a few ship kits. Since then concentrated on that. Al though restauration work is ongoing on a few different kind of kits, build years ago. I took several of them with me during my moves. Hope to be in touch on this site and forum more regularly. Nice to meet you all and impressed by your work of which I have not even seen a few percent yet!

• Like 1

OK guys, I know I should have read everything on the forum before starting to ask questions. But take a look at this one: ( reading everything written on this forum would possibly prevent me from asking questions at all, if only I would have the time) 

So: suppose I have got some pictures of my build on my iPad or laptop......could anything go wrong when Iupload them directly into one of the dedicated sections of your forum?

I would really like to upload a few pictures of my buils to get feedback from you all, in the relevant sections.

(oh dear... do I sound too serious again?)

keep building!

cheers

At once it occurs to me in full clarity ( or is it, sincerely? ) are we introducing ourselves as new members here to the whole community of this forum,.... or is this an opportunity that this forum provides to long term members....to introduce themselves to our new members?!

please react!

1 hour ago, Albatros said:

At once it occurs to me in full clarity ( or is it, sincerely? ) are we introducing ourselves as new members here to the whole community of this forum,.... or is this an opportunity that this forum provides to long term members....to introduce themselves to our new members?!

please react!

Both its a way to meet & greet. 

On 10/8/2018 at 9:14 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Both its a way to meet & greet. 

Sounds good. My apologies for asking how to submit pictures of work done. I have read it all now and it seems only possible from online pictures already submitted to other sites. I have never done that so I will try to find a way to get it done.

cheers, Markus

• Like 1

Hi Albatros, welcome to the forum, I’ve found it to be very friendly, very helpful and an inspiration.

As for the pictures, yes you have to use another site, something I’d never done before. I use Flicker and found it to be very easy, add your pictures to Flicker, when on Flicker copy the URL and paste into you topic. There are some good write ups available on how to do it, just use the search function.

looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Regards Ian

• Like 1

That’s great, Ian. Many thanks. I will keep trying to find a site to upload my model pictures to. May take sevral weeks....busy tines here in the new job.....flying airplanes. Once settled in, be sure I will upload a few nice ones!

until then......the Blues!

Markus

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I can see it for a split second. Then it disappears ? 

In that case it is certainly not what it should do or what I intended: show a picture continuously. 

Strange however, that I can see it when I click on the link in that post myself. There must be a better way and/or a better site to do this. My search continues. It is just trial and error at the moment.

Thanks for checking out that link Corsairfoxfouruncle! 

Albatros

• Like 1

Just now, Albatros said:

In that case it is certainly not what it should do or what I intended: show a picture continuously. 

Strange however, that I can see it when I click on the link in that post myself. There must be a better way and/or a better site to do this. My search continues. It is just trial and error at the moment.

Thanks for checking out that link Corsairfoxfouruncle! 

Albatros

To be clear,..... I meant:  a better site to use as host! Where my pictures are stored and from where I can make the link to my posts in BM. I have seen many other BM members using different hosts and will look into those options as well.

I just tried to use instagram because I already had an account there (with only a few pictures of the Nimitz and nothing else) but it seems this is not going to be the way ahead.

Albatros

38 minutes ago, Albatros said:

To be clear,..... I meant:  a better site to use as host! Where my pictures are stored and from where I can make the link to my posts in BM. I have seen many other BM members using different hosts and will look into those options as well.

Try Village Photos. It's a little bit convoluted to start with, but once you've got the hang of it, it's child's play.......it must be if I can use it!

John.

12 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Albatros, welcome aboard. You mentioned model ships, my interest also, although mine are pretty basic. And dont wurry abowt speling misteaks, wee orl maik them. Regards, Jeff.

Thanks Jeff, well it is important toget the basics right before advancing to anything more sophisticated, isn’t it? So I concentrate on that as well. My ships are very basic and take a loooong time to finish! 

Regards!