F-4M/K Phantom II RFI - Matchbox 1/72

Outside my usual WWII Europe theme, another kit kindly donated by Phil ( @HP42 ) - the nice old Matchbox Phantom.

A short (for me) WiP here with lots of help from the experts. Pretty straightforward with some thrills and spills; well, OK, mostly spills. 

Stynylrez white primer left 'raw' for the white, Mr Hobby Aqueous EDSG, W&N satin varnish and kit transfers.

44136548215_229dfd297b_z.jpg

43236489680_f81da132fa_z.jpg

43236694520_7dd37a3a27_z.jpg

30112063657_3104334da4_z.jpg

Tamiya Titanium for the tailplanes with 'smoke' sprayed over that for the darker areas:

44136552915_ff5241d965_z.jpg

Flickr

• Like 63

Thanks everyone! Pleased that you like it :) 

Steve the decals went on OK (thanks for the tip) but they are a bit transparent, especially the fin flashes - if I was doing it again I think they could do with some lighter backing.

Thanks Bill - rest, what's rest? :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Another great undertaking from the Bath works. :thumbsup:

That conjures up images I really don’t need in my head at this time in the morning... do you have a shelf over the bath or a table at the side?

Love the Phantom. I think my it may kickstart my mojo to build another Airfix version when it is released later this year!

• Like 1

Thanks Brian - Bath? I don't have time for a bath! Too much modelling to do… showers for me :D 

Thanks Giorgio - I'm trying to slow down, honest :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just checked in after a few days being stupendously busy. Flipping eck, finished already? I've got a poorly airbrush so my build rate has basically stopped. Yours is speeding up and the Phantom is looking fabulous. Lightning next? 🤣

• Thanks 1

Thanks Phil, especially for the kit!

Lightning will be next from your 'donations' then which just leaves the Sopwith Pup, the Blackbird and the (gulp) B-17...

• Haha 1