Bellanca CH-300 Pure Oil / Tiolene / Woco Pep. Khee-Kha Art Products 1/72 vacuformed

That looks superb.

There are many reasons I've never built a vacform - definitely not the most straightforward of kit types.

But you prove that your skills are well and truly up to it.

She's a beauty!

:clap:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kapam said:

There are many reasons I've never built a vacform - definitely not the most straightforward of kit types.

But you prove that your skills are well and truly up to it.

2 hours ago, pheonix said:

Like kapam I do not like vacfroms and therefore have not built any, preferring to scratch build instead.

Hi P and Kapam

I understand, I had the same reluctance. It feels somewhat daunting.

But if you are an average modeler with some experience, you can surely do it.

Exactly as you started with injected kits, may be the first and second vacs will not be completely wonderful models, but I can assure that with some persistence and patience good models are in the horizon. Hey, who doesn't want to build an HP42? 🙂

Vac models were part of the curricula at the Shaolin Modeling Temple, and Master Sandpaper (always covered in styerene dust) was a lovely monk.

Try it. Butcher one or two inexpensive ones (usually sold at modeling shows and gatherings for a few shillings), have fun.

Go to where you have not gone before.

Cheers

Edited by Moa

Oh dear Mr Moa - you make my brain ache in pure wonder at your skills in construction and finishing! What  pretty little aeroplane that one is - well done again and it makes me feel like pulling out my Khee-Kha kit to give it  a go.

• Haha 1