Lancaster tropical radiators.

Admiral Puff

On 10/4/2018 at 10:06 AM, Work In Progress said:

... and of course PA474, which is the one most people see, and (if memory serves correctly) "Just Jane" 

I think given the interest in PA474 and 'Just Jane', the aftermarket people will step in and 

Provide the relevant parts/radiators required to build these aircraft - you won't be able to do it out of the box. 

22 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

I would like to think so, but given that no-one does them in 1/72, where the cost per unit would be low, and the market large, or 1/48, where the market is still larger than in 1/32, I am not optimistic.

Yes, I know where you are coming from! Does the very latest Tamiya 1/48 Lanc have them? I believe it comes with twin .50 tail turret option...   

Edited by Whitewolf

5 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Based on this review, and accompanying sprue shots of the revised tooling, no (unless you can see something I've missed)

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/tam/kit_tam_61105.shtml

No, i did just wonder as the later twin .50 tail turret is included. Guess it's a case of wait and see. 

Ok, my understanding is that PA474 has the original Far East radiators. You may well find Airfix have put the wider FE rads in their kit as standard - apparently they used her for measuring up and perhaps did not appreciate the difference. Those really deep rad intakes, that incorporate carb intakes, are not Lanc fit that I'm aware of and may well be Lancastrian or York specific. Yes, PA 474 uses Shack tyres. Reference to Lincoln bits is misleading, ie rudders - they were a late Lanc design that were also used on the Lincoln for example. I have the photos I passed on the Spadgent available if you wish, but good luck either way!

• Like 1