Ok, so yesterday I was at a toy collectors fayre at the Nec. I usually go for a look around, don't often buy anything but occasionally you can pick up a model or two. As it turns out I was two isles down and I saw this for £10:

20181001_172011

Not only was it a bargain and saved me three weeks wait while it made it's way from Japan it was also the next kit on my list so very happy days.

I already have a project on the go and I fully intended to put this on a shelf until I had cleared the backlog but I got home from work today and opened the box to take a look and the next thing I knew;

20181001_171952

Damn you Bandai😡😡

I didn't get too deep in but I already  had an idea to create a diorama of an X-Wing in a hangar looking like it's under maintenance so was dry fitting a few bits and seeing how that would work.

I have never really tried anything like this before (opening panels that aren't supposed to be opened) but have always wanted to. I have followed many of @AndyRM101's builds and loved the x wing he did with the panels open. So, inspired by this I hope to show this X-Wing with  maybe an engine off and some panels open with wires and internals showing. Maybe with a few droids and ground crew knocking about, as if it's booked in for it's MOT.

Not sure how long this will take but hoping to get started soon. Will be in need of lots of advice as scratch building is something I really want to get into but have not really done in the past!

Cheers Chris!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Why does this never happen to me!

Proper bargain that.

I couldn't believe it, the guy said it was one he hadn't got around to building. I'm amazed it wasn't snapped up I can only imagine the punters didn't know what it was.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...