This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

MikeR

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted?

Posted (edited)

Since the old thread has run it's course I thought I'd take a turn at starting the new one!

The latest book for the collection: Iraqi Mirages In Combat: The story of the F.1EQ in Iraq by Miguel García.

41YDwruph-L.jpg 

Lots of lovely photographs, details of the characteristics of each version and even a section detailing the ordnance and equipment carried. If your modelling the Special Hobby 1/72 Mirage F.1EQ kit as an Iraqi machine you NEED this book!

Mike.

Edited by MikeR

Just got myself an old Monogram kit if USS Columbus guided missile cruiser. I built it as a kid, but will build thus one with the addition of modern day etch and 3D printed parts.

How do chaps.

Off t'interweb - Armor Photo History A9/A10 Cruiser Tanks as reference for the A9 and A10 kits in't stash.

From WH Smiths - Catastrophe by Max Hastings. Great lump of a tome and a real bargain for 6 quid. Have a Kindle but still like to read a 'real' book from time to time.

Regards.

Steve

New tea, coffee and sugar tins as old ones were past it, some woodland mushrooms for the risotto I made for tea tonight and a new mixing bowl. Of to buy a new towel rail and bathroom shelf for the ensuite tomorrow as bedroom been decorated. Trying to avoid buying any model stuff until Telford. 

Picked up an order from my local model shop at the weekend. No models but lots of add-on essentials....

15 LifeColor acrylics for various projects plus a bottle of their proprietary thinner (which works a treat, hence the purchase)

More AK Interactive primer and microfiller, white and grey - love this stuff!

For the Hasegawa 1/32 Fi156 Storch - Eduard Interior PE, HGW Seatbelts and Eduard Masks

For the Italeri 72nd XB-70 - Brengun PE Detail set

For the Revell 72nd B-17G - Quickboost Engines, Eduard Zoom PE and Brassin Wheels

For the Revell 72nd Shackleton - Eduard Zoom PE and Brassin Wheels

For the Revell 32nd Hunter FGA.9 - True Details Cockpit resin

For the Hasegawa 48th F-16C - Eduard Zoom PE

For the Hasegawa 72nd P-3C Orion - Quickboost Props and spinners and Eduard PE

Also a couple of crown caps for my new(ish) Iwatas (a Neo and an Eclipse) and a replacement Needle, Nozzle and cap set for my Paasche VL (cos I messed up the original during an attempted change)

That's blown my modelling budget for the month in one visit! 🙂

Next Month's budget has been assigned to a Telford visit in search of a few old but desirable kits. You never know - I MIGHT get lucky...

Kev

14 hours ago, fatfingers said:

From WH Smiths - Catastrophe by Max Hastings. Great lump of a tome and a real bargain for 6 quid. Have a Kindle but still like to read a 'real' book from time to time.

I read and enjoyed this very much, learnt a great deal about the Eastern Front which I didn't know, the only thing that I didn't like was his referring to Indian troops as mercenaries.  It may be technically correct, but I still found it annoying.  I do enjoy Hastings' books, t;ough.

The Mrs and I went for our annual checkup at the dentist yesterday. Around thirty seconds of being poked in the mouth each resulted in us being £44 worse off. I'm not sure I've ever felt quite so robbed!

5 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

The Mrs and I went for our annual checkup at the dentist yesterday. Around thirty seconds of being poked in the mouth each resulted in us being £44 worse off. I'm not sure I've ever felt quite so robbed!

5 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

This may be the one time I make out better than my transatlantic brothers-in-arms, as I get two free checkups a year through my health insurance from work.

From the Charming Paul @ Waterlooville model centre in Southsea

31185049158_bfed33168b_b.jpg

And there's some sort of get together in mid November that this might be useful for:

45009271072_d6113ea9e9_b.jpg

And unlike some members who claim to have "bought bread" with no evidence of said baked goods, today's breakfast: A cinnamon bun from the very wonderful Bread Addiction of Southsea, muesli? My A"*!

45013869412_b41459f7f8_b.jpg

That is all.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, azureglo said:

And unlike some members who claim to have "bought bread" with no evidence of said baked goods, today's breakfast: A cinnamon bun from the very wonderful Bread Addiction of Southsea, muesli? My A"*!

More bread. bringing a little more tension into your life by not providing evidence. Why not have a game of 'bread roulette?' Rules are simple; go to the bread aisle in any of the more respectable 'supermarkets' (anything less than Sainsbury's is an outrage to humanity). Have a guess which bread I may have bought then PM me your choice. I'll then let you know if you're correct. I'll give a head start by saying all bread I purchase is in 1/1 scale and comes in my favourite end opening packet. No foreign type breads are ever purchased by me so this may help narrow the field, 

The prize if guessed correctly will be a full size loaf of the winning type (P+P free and will come in a box of your desired type of opening).

Oh, and I just ordered some models in 1/16 scale but can't be bothered to pontificate over them.

Edited by Darby
Yeast we forget

22 hours ago, Darby said:

More bread. bringing a little more tension into your life by not providing evidence. Why not have a game of 'bread roulette?' Rules are simple; go to the bread aisle in any of the more respectable 'supermarkets' (anything less than Sainsbury's is an outrage to humanity). Have a guess which bread I may have bought then PM me your choice. I'll then let you know if you're correct. I'll give a head start by saying all bread I purchase is in 1/1 scale and comes in my favourite end opening packet. No foreign type breads are ever purchased by me so this may help narrow the field, 

The prize if guessed correctly will be a full size loaf of the winning type (P+P free and will come in a box of your desired type of opening).

Oh, and I just ordered some models in 1/16 scale but can't be bothered to pontificate over them.

Darby, I say pish and pash to your wheaten challenge, I am of the mind  that you sir are not an consumer of the Beloved Grain and are little more than dairy based interloper, away with you and your Bran Flakes I say!! 

(Note to self, try not to post  anything after watching Shakespeare)

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, azureglo said:

Darby, I say pish and pash to your wheaten challenge, I am of the mind  that you sir are not an consumer of the Beloved Grain and are little more than dairy based interloper, away with you and your Bran Flakes I say!! 

(Note to self, try not to post  anything after watching Shakespeare)

Today I bought a dairy based product; cheese to adorn my leavened grain purchase. Anyone for cheese roulette? Same rules apply. Starter for 10; it's a British an English variety....

Edited by Darby
Mistaken nationality

A brand new 12 inch record from  Brian Eno, Before and After Science.

9 hours ago, Darby said:

Today I bought a dairy based product; cheese to adorn my leavened grain purchase. Anyone for cheese roulette? Same rules apply. Starter for 10; it's a British an English variety....

Go on then,Cheddar.....

29 minutes ago, glatisant said:

Fujimi D3a2.

Is that a cheese? 

Meat.

Oy, enough with the bread, cheese and meat, what is this the Good Food Guide? Today's haul, something old and something new- emodels knocking out the little Vulcan at £8.98, could not resist adding it to my paint order. Airfix catalogue a steal at £2.99!

31226586958_193f1455b0_b.jpg

I heard on the radio today that after years of complaining,

the Shetland Isles are no longer to be represented on maps

in a box off the East coast. (It could give people the wrong idea!?)

I couldn't help thinking, I wonder if it was end opening....

So back to Darby's Cheese and meat. Must agree with Vince and Chedder......BUT.....he may be fooling us,

does anyone know how far out of Wessex he gets......it could be................Double Gloucester!

As for the meat Darby...........you been poaching on Dartmoor...............AGAIN?? :wicked:

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Shetland box controversy ?  Better put a lid on it....  :)

13 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I used to regularly visit Lerwick and each time we steamed in or out I always kept a careful lookout for the edge of the box but never did see it. I'm beginning to suspect it's an end opening box which would explain the same route each time.

Duncan B

Thanks to Paul at Waterlooville Model Centre these bits.

Rose`s Spitfire

The Spitfire for the good Lady Rose, for cutting down her smoking (I have as well, I got an E Cig now.).

The other two items for the bench.

Simon.