Fairey Firefly U Mk.8 Llanbedr Drone

This was my second aircraft build in a long time and coming after the Airfix Spitfire was a considerable rude awakening.  Challenging fit at times and very time consuming in overall build.

Cockpits decals are from Airscale (How good are they!) and the wheels are further things of beauty from Barracuda Studios.

Paint was Mig Ammo Red and the deep cream was a 50 : 50 mix of Ammo Warm sand and AK RLM 04

Oct 01 2018_6257

Oct 01 2018_6255

Oct 01 2018_6253

Oct 01 2018_6252

Oct 01 2018_6251

Oct 01 2018_6250

Oct 01 2018_6259

Thanks for looking

Rob

• Like 41

Thanks Fellas - really appreciate all the positive comments

On 10/1/2018 at 2:27 PM, Matt Parvis said:

Great to see this done Rob, really nice work, as ever. 

I remember when you got this kit.  I don't remember when you got, but I do remember it was a ways back.

Matt

Matt you aren't wrong!!!  Intent defeated by reality.  The base is re-used and the vehicle dates form PA (fond memories)

On 10/1/2018 at 2:30 PM, Matt Parvis said:

Also, I see you've discovered the joy that is 1/48th ICM figures.  Some of the best IM figures I've come across in any scale and, to me, the best in 48th.

Matt

Yeees.  It is a really nice figure - from the Luftwaffe set as you know - I just wish there were more Brit figures around

On 10/1/2018 at 6:57 PM, Martian Hale said:

Beautiful! A mahoosive tentacles up to this one!

Impressed of Mars 👽

Thanks Martian - how many tentacles:rofl:

On 10/1/2018 at 11:31 AM, roginoz said:

That's a great looking Firefly, and what a lovely scheme.

Well done !

Rog

On 10/1/2018 at 7:10 PM, Twentecable said:

Very nice and interesting sheme. I usually tend to skip this plane due to lack of interest but I am happy I viewed yours.

Gr TC

Thanks Rog and Gr TC - I'm a sucker for  Royal Aircraft establishment schemes and Gr - I agree - The Firefly is transformed by the colour.  There'll be a Meteor to come when time allows.

Thanks once again all - after this brief aircraft foray - it's back to the boats

Rob