Marder IIIM

Ian

That's one thing I haven't try'd yet....a dot filter, with oils....have to put it on the list on a trial next time round........all looks good so far Ian....any chance of a close up of the main gun and the weathering, chipping and scratch's etc.

Simon.

• Thanks 1

Somewhat inevitably and sadly, when pigments are applied, one loses the definition in the camouflage pattern. Not in the first photo (because I forgot), I also used Mig's 'European Earth' as a 'blender' to tie-together the various tones of wash & pigments. And before anybody asks, yes, the slightly different tone on the left-front road wheel is deliberate !!

Otvub3s.jpg

dsmLQbt.jpg

iMPxcbv.jpg

cTwfiVE.jpg

iAGv89W.jpg

lCljJl1.jpg

These will be the last pics before final assembly (hopefully this evening, my time). As ever thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment.

Ian.

• Like 4

...and we're done, first completed German WWII armour build in 48 years of slapping bits of plastic together. More photos in the RFI section.

hfDaXkr.jpg

Thank you all for the positive comments and following along, really appreciate it. No idea what's next, possibly a Cromwell.

AFN, have a great weekend everyone.

Ian.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2018 at 1:25 PM, Ian said:

Simon, chipping was done using the 'sponge method' and using the same colour that I use as a base coat when I paint the tracks (Tamiya NATO Black, Hull Red & a 'touch' of Gunmetal). the light chips are again Tamiya - Deck Tan straight from the jar. Scratches were done with either a toothpick or 00 brush aided by strong coffee ! 

Ian.

Ian,

Would you mind elaborating on your custom tracks/chipping color? Roughly what are the proportions of the NATO Black, Hull Red, and Gunmetal? Great job, it looks fantastic and is very convincing for a raw metal.