Revell 1/32 Mustang question's Lou iv.

stevej60

Don't get exited I'm not ressurecting the "Blue" question! Can anyone tell me which of the two seat's supplied relate to this aircraft one is the style with

two support's attatched to the back plate as in most of the P51 kit's I've  seen the other is a much more substantial one piece affair,and a silly question,

every build I,ve ever seen of this aircraft folk have gone to the trouble of showing the overpainted upperwing stripe's in their choice of green I'd like to be different

and show her in full wing stripe,s I take it she wore them for a couple of week's over the period as the aircraft was lost early August.

• Like 1

Steve,

As Lou IV was a -5 and based on the P-51 documentation that I have here, it was more likely to have the Warren McArthur metal seat (the one that looks like a folding picnic chair and which were 'usually' painted dull dark green) than the later Schick Johnson seat which, if memory serves, began to appear late in -10 production.

HTH

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tango98 said:

Steve,

As Lou IV was a -5 and based on the P-51 documentation that I have here, it was more likely to have the Warren McArthur metal seat (the one that looks like a folding picnic chair and which were 'usually' painted dull dark green) than the later Schick Johnson seat which, if memory serves, began to appear late in -10 production.

HTH

Cheers

Dave

Many thank's Dave,the construction diagram's later on the sheet show's that seat I suppose Revell added the other for future release's as this kit

is the early model without the fillet but show both with their usual question mark on the sheet.

• Like 1

Hi Steve, actually the Warren Macarthur seat was the later seat used on

most Ds. The Schick Johnson was the earlier and used on A/B/Cs and

some early -5 Ds.

Either could be used so some Ds could have had SJ seats and some Bs

could have had WM seats. Here's a pic of the one you want, Warren Macarthur ...

GtGAXN2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MIkeMaben said:

Here's a pic of the one you want, Warren Macarthur ...

Many thank's Mike,help's with the harness too which I'll have to scratch build.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

There's a recently completed build on LSP which might be worth a look, with comments on the blue by no less than Dana  Bell.

Cheers

John

Cheer's John I'll check it out.

• Like 1