Egyptian Air Force Mig-15 1/72 Old KP

Gents,

I'm a modeller from Hungary in the middle of Europe. First of all some senteces about me. I am researching the post war middle-eastern conflicts and naturally I frequently target the planes from this area when building modells. Besides this I am interested in the WWII flights and planes of the aces. I'm working in the aviation business, very close to the jets, so I can say my hobby is my job.

About the Mig-15. This tiny beauty was built from the old KP kit, not from the new one with curved panel lines. I have sanded all panelines and rivets which were out of the surface and polished. I used for reference the 4+ Publishing Mig-15 book and its drawings to engrave the panel lines. The cockpititself and the ejection seat is came from the Pavla, as a resin set. For the canopy I used  vacuformed one. Landing gears and the gear covers,the  pitots are home made pieces.

To paint the model I used the paints from the vallejo model air collection, the decals are HiDecals production.

It required some work hours, mostly for sanding, gap filling and polishing but I think it worthes all the effort.

Enjoy this and judge  ;)

Regards, Polo

IMG_5978.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

• Like 24

Great job on that MiG-15 – I really like the finish you've achieved. I also like the Egyptian markings form that period.

Regards,

David

An outstanding build!  I constructed a few KP kits from the old days (La-7 and Avia CS-199) so I know how basic they were.  This MiG looks like a state of the art model from Eduard!  Brilliant work.