Revell 1/32 Mustang.

stevej60

Evening Folk's,Another kit I've been itching to get is Revell's new tool Mustang,well it's got! I'll pop  some sprue shot's on soon.The kit is another well priced

beautifully molded offering with some  well thought out engineering not Tamiya quality but not far off and a third of the price too.Lou iv is the box top scheme

which is probably one of the most disputed scheme's on any allied WW2  aircraft 

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/showandtell7db_1.htm.

44275025254_523eac3cdf_b.jpg

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, StephenCJ said:

I'm gonna follow along.  Looks an interesting kit.

Great stuff Stephen,be a few day's before I start just finishing Trumpeter's P 40 first in the same scale.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mattlow said:

It is an excellent kit.

Have a look at a couple of builds regarding the desirability of sanding down the cockpit insert before joining the fuselage halves (nothing major, but certainly aids a better fuselage seam..

Matt

Cheer's Matt I was looking over your build last night as a reference point any more progress?

• Like 1

Hi folk's,only got an hour in at the bench today and after battling with the Trumpeter decal's on the Tomahawk "cut plastic" on this one.Having Matt and Noel's

build'sto reference I know what to expect in the build to come but still couldn't resist testing the fuselage part's and getting the cockpit basic's ready to start.

44965759732_79f1878474_b.jpg

43202412360_49eecf03f0_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi folk's,last week's progress has meant an overall base coat of green then after detailing a good dry brush and a bit of chipping here and there.Still

a fair bit to do but happy so far.

30214546207_7af0fa3854_b.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Morning folk's,added a masking tape harness to give a busy look also the decal's supplied for the various plate's etc about to join the fuselage

and wing assembly started.

45215749802_4516854ab4_b.jpg

• Like 9

Hi folk's,steady progress over the last week the rear fuselage insert is painted and fitted and today I got the fuselage joined.

45406912271_4412dc6d4a_b.jpg

And wing's assembled without issue's great fit.

45355832292_8e9aac92ae_b.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, nick32 said:

That's looking fantastic Steve, Revell seem to have done a great job with this one, as are you. Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheer's Nick Revell have delivered a real beauty with this one,part's of the assembly where I was expecting trouble have been a breeze so far.

2 hours ago, marky sparky said:

Looking good, but be careful gluing the instrument panel to the fuselage sides (suggest leaving one side free hanging), the front windscreen is a bit too narrow so you'll have to pinch that area closed.

Thank's Marky that's the method I used with no issue's.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Looking great! Seems to be a lovely kit so far kid. 😎

John.

Thank's John,well impressed with Revell for this one let's hope a Hurricane in this scale is on the Horizon.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, giemme said:

Definitely not my scale, but I very much like the type. I'll tag along, if you don't mind :popcorn:

Excellent job on the interiors, so far :clap:

Ciao

Thank's Giemmie I'm more 1/48 nowaday's but couldn't resist this kit.Anyway finally moved up a gear and after a little "tweaking" here and there 

got a good fit on the main wing other major part's so thing's should start to get interesting  as I decide the finish I posed a question in WW2 and some 

interesting option's were presented.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235044714-more-mustang-questions-regarding-lou-iv/

44510836085_e48fe91188_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Hi Folk's,moved on a good bit over the last week or so little patches of filler needed but for the scale nothing serious, because of the light coloured

plastic it became difficult to guage any area's still in need of work so after adding the flap's etc primer was applied now drying nicelyThe only area

I need to tweak is the wing/fuselage joints which just need a swipe of filler.

45515662151_37677c54f6_b.jpg

• Like 9