Horst Petzschler's Bf 109 G-10, Fine Molds 1/72

109 fan

On 9/29/2018 at 9:52 PM, Spitfire31 said:

This 09 is just about the closest to perfection in 1:72nd that I think I've seen.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Joachim nailed it. So have you. I'm not really into German stuff and therefore don't know much about it, but of the 109s I quite like the G-10 with the long tail leg. Lovely job.

Justin

Edited by Bedders

Thank you, gentlemen, for the compliments. The leading edge wavy lines were done freehand with an Iwata Custom Micron airbrush and Gunze Sangyo acrylic paints. I think a very good airbrush and excellent paints are a requirement for this kind of work. As I described in my build article (on this site) the process starts with building a jig to hold the model while painting. This was done with cheap "foam-core". It is very easy to cut and sets up quickly using white glue. The propose of this is to fix the model firmly and at a proper angle for painting. Recently I discovered that holding the airbrush with two hands makes this process much easier. I thin the paint at least 3/1 (thinner/paint) and spray at about 18 lbs. of pressure. Not sure what that is exactly in atm's but I'm guessing about 1.2 (?). Here are a few photos of the process:

43573816565_77c5080ee3_b.jpg[/url]IMG_6771

42695260650_66b80dd705_b.jpgIMG_6774

Again, thanks for the kind words.

Barry Numerick

• Like 1