1/72 Airfix Hawker Typhoon 1B

Painted with Tamiya and Mr Hobby paints thinned with Mr Color Leveling Thinner.

Another very enjoyable oob build and pretty much stress free. The only slight problem I had was getting the wing halves to marry. A fair amount of sanding of the wheel housing was required. Also the yellow decal on the leading edge of the wings shows up an ugly looking join, particularly between the guns, which I should really have noticed and sorted before the decals went on.

In the photos the canopy looks fogged and caused me some concern but a bit of a polish with a cotton bud sorted it out, it must have been a thumb print or something.😮

20180928_16275420180928_162627

20180928_162506

20180928_16255220180928_16265820180928_162432

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Nicely done, Roger. You certainly made a better job of the decals than I did.

Thanks Vinnie. I must admit I was actually expecting them to put up a bit of a struggle but was pleasantly surprised. I intend building the Academy 1/72 Typhoon in the near future and I've read a couple of posts on the internet that the decals in that kit are pretty poor so I might not get away with it next time.

21 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Great result Roger with your Typhoon. Always good to see Typhoons in their stripes. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks very much Stix. I nearly never did the striped option in case the decals gave me problems,  I'm glad I bit the bullet and went with it now.

• Like 1