- Su 34 Chaff/flare dispenser

IPMS19

- Quickboost is issuing a set of Flare/chaff dipenser for the  Su-34, to this day I've been unable to find any photo of these devices on the machine, as far as I think they are permanently installed under thetail cone . Howerver it seems it could be a possibility to have these sets installed on a fairing tucked behind the main gear well between the fuselage and an aerodynamically shaped air scoop visible on photos of this part of the machine ? I wonder it worth buying this stuff ???

-Could it be some mistake from Q B ?

I have never seen them mounted as you describe, but the prototype Su-27IB (T-10V) was fitted with chaff/flare dispensers on the upper surface - as seen in this photo:-

Su-27IB_(12467433544).jpg

The later Su-34 variants do have what looks like an aerodynamic strke in the place you describe - which I fitted to my Italeri Su-34 update.....

Photo%20018.JPG

There are close-up photos on't tinterweb showing showing these new additions - but I don't have a link at the moment.

Hope this helps

Ken

1 hour ago, Flankerman said:

I have never seen them mounted as you describe, but the prototype Su-27IB (T-10V) was fitted with chaff/flare dispensers on the upper surface - as seen in this photo:-

The later Su-34 variants do have what looks like an aerodynamic strke in the place you describe - which I fitted to my Italeri Su-34 update.....

Photo%20018.JPG

There are close-up photos on't tinterweb showing showing these new additions - but I don't have a link at the moment.

Hope this helps

Ken

- Thank you for answering  Ken,the strake on the upper surface of the wing on the Su 27IB could be a logical choice to install the flare dispencers as it should get too problematical to have them installed under the tail owing to the arresting hook of this navalised use intended for this breed

-For the ventral strakes  and scoop I had built them from scratch on my 48  first Fullback , they are faintly visible on this photo. For the Su-34 the question remain opened

rJFZ7j.jpg

nWSPUs.jpg

-These parts are available in the CWS set in 48 for their Su-34 APU set in resin and photo etched

8 hours ago, Flankerman said:

Photo%20018.JPG

Hope this helps

Ken

- Thank you for answering, ,the over wing installation of the dispencers should be a logical choice aerodynamically speeking on the Su 27IB as they couldn't be installed under the tail owing to the arresting hook necessitated by the naval use of this version.

-For the side strake and airscoop, I built it from scratch on my first Su 34 in 48 and they are now available in CWS tail set