Saxon

Union liner Saxon in Union-Castle colours. This type of model is very unpopular amongst model shipbuilders. Probably because of the complexity. Far more difficult to build than sailing ships - probably because of all the lifeboats, portholes, doors, windows, rails, ventilators, skylights,  ladders etc.   

Edited by ShipbuilderMN
  • Like 22

Yes, I made everything.   Can't remember how long it took, certainly less than 100 hours.    I had forgotten that I built it, as it was so long ago.   Just came across the photograph.    Scale 32 feet to 1 inch (1:384), so not very big.   Robert  

• Like 1

In the days when Model Boats magazine was owned by Argus Books, they had a plan service that contained a series called Miniature Merchantmen, and it was amongst them, together with many famous passenger liners.     The list can still be found here: https://www.sarikhobbies.com/product-category/model-boat-builder/plans/x-list-plans-boats/   But I don't see the Saxon in it (although I haven't really looked deeply into it.       Also, I am told they don't reply to e-mails either, so not really much help (Unless they have improved) - Probably discontinued because very few modellers will even consider building anything like this - Bob  

Edited by ShipbuilderMN
Added a sentence